cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Work Manager - Creating Notifications NotificationPostSteplet error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having an issue with creating Notifications using Syclo Work Manager.

I receive the following error:

NotificationPostSteplet - Notification type is initial

I'v debugged the Java side and ABAP Syclo class side.

The Java side seems to behave as planned, please note no enhancements have been done to the notification post/creation process.

On the SAP abap side I was able to notice that the notification create handler always sets the  lv_mode to 'A'

The notif_no is blank hence the sy-subrc is 0 driving the lv_mode to A

SELECT SINGLE qmnum FROM qmel INTO lv_qmnum
         WHERE qmnum = me->notif_no.
       IF sy-subrc = 0.
         lv_mode = 'A'.   "Add data mode
       ELSE.
         lv_mode = 'C'.   "Creation mode

So now what happens is the BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_ADD  gets called which is not what we want. We want the Create bapi to be called lv_mode = C

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I have tried to manually changed the lv_mode to 'C' through debug and the notif creation process goes through.

Thanks in advance for feedback

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The notif_no is blank hence the sy-subrc is 0 driving the lv_mode to A

If the me->notif_no is blank wouldn't that select statement return a sy-subrc value of 4 and set the lv_mode to 'C'?

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Those were exactly my initial thoughts, I would have expected the lv_mode to be set to 'C' as well because the notif_no is blank. I've created a test program and put in the same select statement and still the sy-subrc has value 0 when querying on a blank notif number, its really strange.

For the moment, what I've done is pass the 'LOCAL_X' notif number from Syclo on new creation, that allows the lv_mode to set to C and go through with notification creation on backend sap without any issues.

Thanks,

Jason

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Have you checked QMEL table in SE16? Apparently you have an entry with the notification ID equal to blank, otherwise I can't understand why this returns SY-SUBRC = 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it! There was one blank entry in the table

Thanks guys!

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please clarify what version of  Work Manager your  using along deployment scenario( WM with LAM or WM without LAM or WM with component like CS or MM)  and EPH level ?

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

We are running Work Manager 5.2 without LAM

Backend sap is EHP 6

Thanks,

Jason