cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Excise Invoice Capture and Posting with Zero condition in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir / Madam,

Iam new to CIN. My client requirement is that stores department will only make Part I entry and the excise personnel will capture and post the excise invoice.

But the issue is when there is zero condition (Jmop and jex1 conditions '0') in Po. Excise duties are included in PO price then how to capture and post invoice through J1iex.

What should be the reference document (PO or GR)?

Kindly suggest the SAP standard practice for capturing excise through J1IEX.

Is it Po (ME21N) -> Incoming Excise entry (J1IEX) -> GR(MIGO) or Po(ME21N) -> MIGO -> J1IEX?

Thanks & regards

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

There are two scenarios as per my understanding.

1) PO with JMOP and JEX1 having value. In this case the flow is like

• Create PO
  • Create GR(MIGO)
  • Capture Excise Invoice(J1IEX)
  • Create Part I entry(J1I5)
  • Post Excise Invoice(J1IEX)
  • Vendor Invoice(MIRO)

2)  PO with JMOP and JEX1 not having value. There is no need of Excise Invoice to be captured. In this case the flow is like

• Create PO
  • Create GR(MIGO)
  • Vendor Invoice(MIRO)

Another scenario can be import PO where there is Customs MIRO just after "Create PO" in the first flow.

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Binoy, for the No. 1, can it be J1I5 then J1IEX..

And, I think this is concerned with Dealer Purchase Invoice. If so, during MIGO only you will need to check the MRP indicator.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhya,

J1IEX Post is always after J1I5.

Your second point is correct. But let him come with his scenarios.

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply Gurus

My scenario is Purchase from Dealer and my client requirement is that the user doing GR will only enter PART I and the excise department will enter the excise duties through J1IEX.

But when we capture excise in J1IEX with respect to material document created in MIGO there is no option of MRP indicator to alter the duty values and the base price.

It would be helpful if you would suggest standard business procedure in case of purchase from dealer and the entry of excise invoice should happen from J1IEX and not GR.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, I believe you will need to capture the same during GR only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, show them the accounting entries during GR with MRP indicator and without it. It will solve your case.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

In dealer scenario you can capture Excise Invoice along with MRP Indicator. MRP Indicator is only required to reduce the amount going into inventory(Base Amount in Excise Item Tab) at the time of MIGO.Please clarify your case.

If no need to adjust inventory amount you can follow this process.

• Create PO
  • Create GR(MIGO) and Capture Excise Invoice(J1IEX)
  • Change Excise Invoice(J1IEX) with appropriate amount.
  • Vendor Invoice(MIRO)

I have tested the above and it is working fine. Revert if you have any issue.

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I have done this scenario its working fine but I need to adjust the inventory amount because it is including excise in dealer case.

But in the above said process the accounting effect is going wrong i.e, the inventory account is posted with PO value not the reduced value.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

In that case you can follow this.

Stores Person

• Create PO
  • Create GR(MIGO) and Capture Excise Invoice(J1IEX)-Make MRP tick and enter the BED, ECESS and SHECESS. This will make inventory adjustment.

Excise Person

• Change Excise Invoice(J1IEX) with appropriate amount if any change.

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

But during MIGO what option I have to choose is it Capture excise invoice or No excise entry because if it is capture excise invoice then I think there is no need of J1I5.

Actually my client doesn't want the store person to be involved in this excise duties entries. He will only do part I entry and the excise invoice will be captured and posted by excise person.

But this case is not working during dealer scenario, is their any other alternative. Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

You can avoid J1i5 if its automatically happening during capture.

You have to convince the client for this entry as the Inventory entry happens at the time of MIGO.

If you dont give the MRP Tick and the duty values, how the inventory will be reduced by that amount.

There is no workaround in this particular case as per my knowledge.

Regards

Binoy

Answers (0)