Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN41N report output Issue

former_member226890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing an issue related to output of report CN41N. I am facing output not getting generated for report CN41N with problem for a particular Project (F89154). I checked the data size of the Project (F89154) & even compared with that of other projects (which were more than this  Project :F89154).

while running the report to generate output with the Project :F89154 it keeps on processing even for more than 10 min without generating the output.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sudhindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I got the isssue resolved by finding it. Issue was for the project which I was trying to get output report (CN41N) was linked to other project. In one activity , when I went to activity element overview, there were many work centre assigned to Different project WBS element. So when I executed the current project with the linked one project in multiple selection screen, report got executed.

Thanks for all ,

Regards,

Sudhindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhindra,

Great to know your issue resolved. Thanks for sharing updates as well.

Please mark your question as answered.

Regards

Tushar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member226890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I will check & get back to you people.

Regards,

Sudhindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your time with parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time,  from the help of your basis team or in time-out error description, you can find out your default set time.

Also try to run this report in back ground with some different database profile.

Also as an alternative, check if CN41 fulfill your requirement.

Regards

Shishir

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be difficult to predict the issue with CN41N with the limited knowledge on the Objects this particular Project in questions have.

Also refer to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2003030

Here are the options that you can attempt:

1) Check the Project Structure. Do you have any other objects assigned to it like PM order, PP order etc.

2) If you have objects mentioned above, any master data can cause issues in CN41N.

3) Try to execute CNS41 as well as CN41 (Both has background option if the Foreground run exceeds the time limit set by the System)

4) Run CN41N by breaking the report execution for smaller data (Individual WBS Elements, networks etc), identify the Object thats giving issue.

5) Run CN41N with different Database profile (select/deselcting the multiple check marks)

6) Request ABAPer to start the trace on this transaction.

7) If Still unsatisfied with the results, please log an incident with SAP.

Hope that helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhindra,

In addition, kindly check if the following notes are also implemented:

1475865 - CN41N: performance improvement

1541178 - CN41N: Performance improvement (III)

612504 - CN41N: Performance improvement (IV)

Also, if all the notes are implemented, you can check yourself which table is consuming more time to select data. Use TC ST05 to display the table logs and time consumed for selecting data. This will help to understand if there are any customized tables or includes or user exits are involved for performance issues. For further help in this direction, you can take help from ABAP team.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards, NKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhindra,

Also refer SAP note 1483259 - CN41N: Performance improvement (II)

Below mentioned thread can give some pointers to you.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhindra,

Kindly refer OSS Note 1541178. You can refer the following link for performance related issues to cn41n report.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F...

Regards

Varun