Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG-C:- ERP Customer UI issue

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to configure the SAP MDG_C scenario in MDG7.0, and as per the requirement i have to use ERP Customer UI, and as per the standard document for MDG7.0 I have i activated the BC-set for

Run the corresponding activity in Customizing for Master Data Governance under  Master Data Governance for Customer  ERP-Customer UI (Alternative to the Customer UI)  Import Predefined Change Request Types for ERP-Customer UI  . and I am able to see the CR's. for ERP customer specific like CUSTL1P1, CUSTL2P1, etc...

I have also assigned the processor to my Cr's.

But, when I am trying to create a Customer through NWBC and select search customer and new-->person/organization/group.as per the below screenshot:-

I am facing the below issue:-

Note:- as per the standard documents, the CR's specific to customer UI are already there, not sure if this create an issue.

Requesting you to kindly help as this is urgent.

Any help will be rewarded.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using role

• SAP_MDGC_CL_MENU_04
    - Master Data Governance for Customer (ERP Customer UI): Menu

and for my systen there are no entries for Custom Application under Business Activity for UI

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashu,

I asume you have enabled the Customer switches you need.

Make sure that your BP Data Model is Active first, then check to make sure the structures are generated. Make sure that you Adjust Staging or just run the program USMD_ADJUST_STAGING for Data Model BP and try again. Also make sure you follow all the steps in the configuration for Customer, as you also have to setup the PPO, the internal number range prefix, etc...

Regards,

Boris

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Boris,

First of all thanks for the response.

Yes, I checked my data model is active and also all the structures are generated.

Issue is when I click on search customer and try to create from their I a getting the above error screenshot. do i need to do any changes in UI?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the standard NWBC menu role or a custom one? This error is usually associated with a missing OBN link.

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

You may have to touch the UI, as the default subscreens there might be the ones causing this error. Try to follow the http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon70/helpdata/en/68/edb50f21e74fd486009959ce2d72cd/content.htm

setup and check instructions if you are using the MDG 7.0 or the
http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon61/helpdata/en/68/edb50f21e74fd486009959ce2d72cd/content.htm

for MDG 6.1

Also make sure you setup everthing that is CVI related in your MDGIMG -> Master Data Governance for Customer -> Configure CVI for ERP Customer UI

Click on the Document icon, not the Execute Activity one to get more details if you're struggling.

Hope that helps you resolve the issue... aslo, check your ST22 and see if you can figure out what's missing and why this short-dump is generated. When you see RABAX_STATE in the browser, that's always a short-dump on the backend.

Cheers,

Boris

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the response.

I am using the standard NWBC role i.e. SAP_MDGC_MENU_03, i checked in PFCG tcode for Search customer node, there is no OBN information maintained for this.

Could you please let me know do i need to add any info here?

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

For MDG7, you need to use SAP_MDGC_MENU_04.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I already tried with this role SAP_MDGC_MENU_04, but no luck, it seems this is not a role issue, it is more a UI related issue, as I mentioned when I tried directly to create customer I am not getting this error screensho, this I am getting only if I am trying to create a new customer through search funtionality.

I found the technical help for that error screenshot above:-

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error looks to be from a missing link to the correct application (link from the search application to the CR application). Once you confirm everything Boris mentioned is done correctly (including the installation guide), check the configuration in MDGIMG under node "Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Act.: Standard Definition" and node "Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Custom Definition" as these two nodes are responsible for finding target applications. That is MDGIMG node: General Settings -> Process Modeling -> Business Activities.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

I have followed the steps as per the document which Boris mentioned till step 8, as I am just checking the basic scenario.

and regarding the Link logical action, below are entries in my system:-

Standard Definition:-

Custom Definition:-

Requesting you to kindly let me know if these entries needs to be corrected.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete the entries for 159 and 266 from the custom definition table.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks it works now.

But, now when I click on New-->Organization/Person/Group, the pop-up is coming for supplier change CR types, but not for customer.

Regards

Ashu