cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone Update issue in SAP Workmanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , I have time zone update issue in SAP workmanager  while create workorder or doing time confirmation for operation . Ex : 1 Mobile Device : iPad Time Zone : Paris Region Format :French – France iPad Time for Sync : Start Time : 10:00 End Time : 11:00 SAP updated time : Start Time : 11:00 End Time : 12:00 (So here one hour difference) Ex : 2 Mobile Device : iPad Time Zone : Paris Region Format :Dutch – Netherlands iPad Time for Sync : Start Time : 10:00 End Time : 11:00 SAP updated time : Start Time : 10:00 End Time : 11:00 (So here updating correct) So , Here i have just doubt like time zone is depending on region format as well. Because when i change region format with Dutch-Netherlands its working as expected . As per my knowledge it should also work fine with Region Format :French – France . Can you please suggest more on it ? Thanks & Regards ,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to Configure SAP Work Manager for the SAP System’s Time Zone.

1. Open the Agentry.ini file

2. Navigate to the [Java-1] section of the file and set the following attribute to the time zone that the

SAP system is set to:timeZoneName=SAP’s Time Zone Name

Example: SAP Server Time Zone is: W. Europe Standard Time

Set timeZoneName As:

timeZoneName=W. Europe Standard Time

Date and time values from the client are converted from their

local time zones to those of the SAP system based on these settings by the SAP Work Manager

application when such values are updated to the SAP system.

Thanks

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manju , Thanks for Replay ... May i know what is [TimeZoneAlias] in agentry.ini files Ex : [TimeZoneAlias] New York=(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Amsterdam=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Midden-Europese standaardtijd=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Paris=(UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris timeZoneName=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna if i put TimeZoneAlias and timeZoneName above way then what will be impact . i am also thinking to use  Synchronize Clocks in Client Settings . So it will always consider Server time instead of client time and Agenrty Server time will update to SAP . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Manju isn't talking about the TimeZoneAlias section, but there is a key within each system connection called timeZoneName.  This value is used if the Agentry Server and Backend are not in the same timezone, so the Agentry server can convert the time to the correct timezone when sending to the backend server.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen It means example Agnetry client in Europe and Agentry Server is in USA . and also we assume TimeZoneAlias we have put Europe and USA both time so in that case client will pass europe timezone and through server TimeZoneAlias europe time it will pass EU time to backend system . is my understanding correct ? Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Answers (0)