Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMP error deliver email XS829 CL_SMTP_RESPONSE ESMTP 554 554 5.7.1

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me configure the scot for sending emails by a MS Exchange SMTP Server.

I already done all parametrization from default domain and host mail and port. Active the service SAPCONNECT in the SICF.

But receive this error on SOST

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

This is typical error were the IP Address of your SAP system has not been populated on the relay agent of your SMTP host.

Regards, Juan

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Juan, thank you very much for the reply. I saw a post from you (), where you mention this "As mentioned by Olivier, SAP cannot handle connections to SMTP server using Authentication, You need to use a Relay Agent so the Mail server trusts the mails coming from SAP."

Is that true ? Because I have to configure on my SAP System a way to send outbound email with a 3rd Party stmp Server, i can't put the user and password to set the authentication for send email. So now i receive this error message after try to send email "Internal error: CL_SMTP_RESPONSE Código de erro ESMTP desconhecido 554 554 5.7.1 <unknown[196.29.195.114]>: Client host r"

Is always necessary to provide my public ip adress from the SAP System on the SMTP relay agent? This relay agent where is configured?

Thank in advance.

Miguel Silva.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is always necessary to provide my public ip adress from the SAP System on the SMTP relay agent? This relay agent where is configured?

The relay agent is part of the mail server, if you are working with a 3rd-party SMTP (gmail, etc..) its going to be difficult. I read about a couple of cases of people using standalone relay agents to bridge between SAP and their 3rd party SMTP server.

SAP cannot handle connections to SMTP server using Authentication, You need to use a Relay Agent so the Mail server trusts the mails coming from SAP

Since NW 7.4 you can use smtp-auth

in SCOT -> SMTP Node -> Security (Settings Button) -> Authentication (SMTP AUTH)

Regards, Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

it seems like problem is on mail server side. Can you please check with your mail server admin. You can also refer the SAP note 1496168.

Regards

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I can't read the Spanish... but have you logged on to the Exchange server and permitted this SAP server to send emails to it?  Also, check that the account you are sending to, if they have an account in SAP, has the communication type set to Internet email.

Regards,

Graham

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Graham thank for the reply.

It isn't Spanish but Portuguese .

I created an user on SAP with the communication type Internet Email. But i didn't do anything the on server side maybe I have maintain the  IP Address of you SAP Server in the SMTP Relay Agent of SMTP Server.

Thank you in Advance

Miguel Silva