Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO 7.03 - organizational areas for batches and CDP

ws
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP ECC 6.0 with APO 7.03. We use shelf life planning and batch managmenet. In APO CDP is activated.

I am trying to prepare APO for CDP and batches. Therefore I created organizational area in SAP ERP and APO.

In SAP ERP I created an organizational area as follows:

Tranx: O1CL

table: Mara

org. area: class type: 023 and 300 for the same org area P

IN APO:

Table: /SAPAPO/MATKEY

organizational area: class type 400 and 300 for the same org area P

Later I will create characteristics and classes (class type 023 and 300) and transfer them per integration models to APO.

My questions are:

1. Is is ok to assign the class types 023 and 300 in ECC to the same org area?

2. Do I really need to assign class type 300 to the same organizational area P which has the calss type 400? or is just 400 enough?

3. Do I need to consider something else?

thanks for helpful hints in advance!!

br,

Wojtek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wojciech,

You don't need to maintain class 300 in APO. The classes 023 and 300 from ECC will be mapped to class 400 in APO.

As previous reply the Org.Area is used in CIF to filter the characteristics by class. So, you have to assign Org.Area to your classes.

Please check this document:

Cook Book - Classes and Characteristics - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Thanks, Marius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ws
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maclean & Marius,

thanks for input. I actually made a samll mistake = in APo I cerated org. area P with class type 400 and 230. In SAP ERP 023 and 300. Question should have been if I need the 230 in APO in hte same org area, wchi Maclean answered alreay.

thanks again to you both!

br,

Wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

1. Is is ok to assign the class types 023 and 300 in ECC to the same org area?

MK> Yes. The organizational area is the filter to transfer classes and characteristics. It should be applied to both classes and characteristics and should be unique for APO transfer.

2. Do I really need to assign class type 300 to the same organizational area P which has the calss type 400? or is just 400 enough?

MK> I don't think class 300 has any meaning in APO. I could be wrong. In APO you should have classes 230, 400 and sometimes 001 with the same organizational area used in ECC. The organizational area is not mandatory in APO for master data transfer but is used in integrated scenarios such as variant configuration or batch processing.

3. Do I need to consider something else?

MK> Create the organizational area and make the assignments to classes in both ECC and APO before you create integration models.

Best Regards,

Mike