cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination and Logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anybody tell me how the RFC Destination and Logical System are related to each other?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In any ALE scenario u need one sender and one receiver system.

Logical systems are just logical representation of these systems but in case of RFC destination u specify technical parameters for those systems like IP address and username and password to connect to that system.

Thus when u create port i.e.we21 u specify actual RFC destination for the system to which u want to connect and when u create partner profile for that logical system u specify this port so when u want to send data to this logical system i.e receiver system port will be used which in turn has RFC destination which will be used to connect to that system.

In simple terms logical systems are logical representation of any system and RFC destinations are physical/techinical systems.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a port and partner profile (we20 and we21) the RFC destination and logical system get tied together.

Essentially the logical system is a representation of a system that you want to communicate with. RFC destinations contain the precise technical configuration of a connection to another system. So when you are building ALE (in ports and partner profile) you tie the two together.