cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom integration of user defined objects

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

What do I have to do if I want to integrate a user defined object to a backend or 3rd party system?

As there is no standard integration available to extend I guess this has to be done completely from scratch, right?

What would be the best way to achieve this?

An explicitly called script or are there other means to hook up an export of a user defined object?

Would be glad to get first pointers on how to start.

All other information on custom integration talks about using default export interface e.g. for contracts and then have custom routing logic in PI.

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I think it would help if you could shed some light on what and how you plan to integrate UDO to the backend or 3rd party system. For example, the data you are interested in, is it coming from the external system to UDOs or do you want data extracted from UDOs? What type of data are we talking about? Should it be synchronous or asynchronous?

There are standard import templates to import UDOs. If you can extract the data from the source system in the format that Sourcing can consume it can imported using the standard import templates. If you want to extract the data from UDO and send it to another system, this can be accomplished by extracting the data you are interested in via a custom query or using a script. One might be better than the other but it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Vikram

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I am looking to export the UDOs to the backend system.

The UDO contains some header information and multiple extension collections containing simple values and value list values.

Because of the collections I thought about exporting the data as XML using a custom toolbar script.

But I wanted to hear the general approach one would take when building a custom integration where SAP Sourcing is the source system and the data has to be exported to another system.

Preferably I would want to get a status info back if the destination system has received the export.

Kind regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,
It sounds like what you are looking for is a synchronous call so you get the response back from the target system. If the target system offers a web service, you could write custom java code in Sourcing (deployed as a custom jar) that can make a web service call. Please note, this will be all custom and it can be fairly complex.

Sourcing 10.0 which is currently in ramp-up supports inbound RESTful web services. I think it will make it relatively easier to accomplish what you are trying to do. We are targeting end of the year for Sourcing 10.0 GA.

Regards,
Vikram