cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITAR Management for Parts & Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Am currently exploring possibilities in SAP and beyond to ensure that Part, Document, Drawing Markup are controlled using export control attributes  i.e, that is combination of user citizenship and location to ensure ITAR compliance.

Had a look at few options, namely SAP - GTS and from SAP Partner NextLabs. Due to economic constraints, we may not pursue these options right away. Is there anything that is out-of-the-box or can modified to an extent in DMS/MM itself to fulfill these requirements. Customizing Classification attributes would come handy only to an extent. Restricting access to parts/documents based on user location/access point would be a challenge.

Would appreciate inputs if someone has experience/ worked on similar requirement.

Warm regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i045323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I think it is more expensive to build custom rather than using the partner solution from NextLabs.

neverthless to build something totally custom, you can use the PLM WEB UI add-on on top of ECC. this will bring ACM functionality. then do your customization on top. this is one probable solution i can think off.

hope this helps.

pramod