Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking Strategy based on SLED

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a business requirement for picking of material for a specific Storage type indicator R03 based on SLED but in a manner as explained below.

The material is currently lying in say 6 different storage types viz 021, 031, 101, 102, 103, and 030. Now, the user wanted to pick material with the lowest SLED across all the storage type mentioned above at the time of TO creation. So i tried using the EXIT MWMTO013, but then user later wanted to exclude some storage type (Storage type 101 in our case) as well for picking irrespective of SLED, which means they wanted to pick that stock of material which has the lowest SLED in Styp - 021,031,102,103,030 only and the system should not look into 101 even if the lowest SLED is lying there.

All, i could thought was either we define those specific storage types in the OMLY transaction but suppose if any new storage types are created later and those are required for picking then we will have to maintain as well along with others so the search sequence will be as +++, 021, 031, 102, 103, 030 as the first, second,....storage type search for R03 storage type indicator.

So, can anyone help in here if we can accommodate this request for picking the stock of any material based on lowest SLED from among st some storage types and not looking into others even though the lowest is lying in say 101(in our case). and without maintaining any data even if new storage types are created later.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Explore the below mentioned node, in the exception for Individual Storage type remove the stringent FIFO from the storage type which you want to exclude at the time of bin search based on SLED

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your prompt response but its already excluded as shown below.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i understood your query correctly then you have a set of Storage type (021, 031, 101, 102, 103,030.) with SLED active now you want system to consider the Quant other then 101, Exclude the 101 from stringent FIFO search and define the search sequence as mentioned below. with the below search sequence,system will first consider the Quant from (021, 031,102,103 & 030) and then 101

1st STYPE         2nd Stype

+++                 101

In future if they create one more storage type with SLED strategy then that will automatically get added in the stringent FIFO search. if they want to exclude that then again remove then new storage type from stringent FIFO search and define that value in the 3rd storage type search or 2nd as per business requirement

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, Manish you understood correctly and thanks for your explanation in this regard.

So, all in all i can say that there is no solution wherein we can have this strategy of picking implemented without maintaining in OMLY when further new storage types are created and which are required to be excluded from searching. Am i right?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right.

With standard SAP you can go with the above setting to achieve the required result

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

One more doubt Manish,

Suppose i don't want a TO to pick from certain storage types at all even if the stock is lying there (say 101 in our case). Then what should be the strategy and how do i restrict the picking of stock from 101.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the Define storage type search for Operation "A" don't define that value (Exclude the storage type 101  from the stringent FIFO)

in the below case 101 is excluded hence it will ignore the stock from 101 and select from other

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well in that case, can i have strategy maintained as *** as the first storage type search only which means stringent FIFO...right? and i can go ahead and exclude the storage types (say 101) from stringent FIFO by checking the box so as not to search from it while picking as you showed earlier.

Will that work? Or the exit is mandatory here?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exit is not required with standard SAP config you can achieve the required result (the requirement which you mentioned above)

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Well, i tried *** only but it will not give the desired result as it picked the stock based on oldest quant while picking based on SLED which is standard SAP.

However, the requirement is to pick based on SLED across storage type but in a manner as the stock should be picked always first from 021 and then 031, then 030 and 102 if cases where same SLED is lying there in all. Hence, the final solution i could see is to maintain the strategy as

+++.021,031,030,102

Any comments on this?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Both are having different meaning during search, if you maintain +++ then system search the Quant across the storage type (you can say at warehouse level) when you define 021, 031 then it will individually go and find from that storage type, in the above scenario (+++ will get satisfied first hence your second statement "but in a manner as the stock should be picked always first from 021 and then 031, then 030 and 102" doest not hold true in that case

Take a scenario where your lowest Quant exist in 031 as per SLED, and two Quant exist in 021 which are having different SLED which gets expired after the Quant from 031. What is ur expectation from the system in that case

Either you can have SLED for the warehouse (across the storage type) or individually for a storage type or else you can go for custom code where based on +++ you will find all the Quant from the  LQUA across the storage type and then sort it based on Storage type+ SLED and then start allocating the Quant