Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Team Determination in Solution Manager

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am currently configuring solution manager.There are some excellent articles available for this determination.I am having some queries regarding this.

I have successfully configured the support team determination via BRF Plus . My question is..

When a message will be raised from GUI using "Create support message" there SAP component is available as it will take automatically from the screen the issue is raised.When i am raising an issue in the solution manager itself there is no SAP Component field is available.I made it available using "Available fields" and found that this field is not a search help field.

I am bit confused what will be the process as User can either use GUI or UI to raise the message.Further i need to configure the categorization schema also.I need that support team should be determined based on the SAP Component and My categorization schema .But in the GUI categorization fields are not available and in UI user can't give SAP Component as he has to just select proper  category and support team should be determined.

Please suggest a solution for the same

Waiting for the replies.Will award points as soon as i will get the reply

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rashmi,

In-order to create the incident , we have two options from Solman 7.1

Option :1 End -user can create the ticket  from satellite system GUI. Help -> create support message

Note: if we Implement BRF plus Automatic Support Team determination will be triggered based on issue component

Option :2 from UI: (Solman System (Tcode:SM_CRM)

Click on create incident -> selection will be done manually even if you even implement BRF Plus

Mostly This UI will be used by end -user when they are unable to log-in from Satellite system.

Thanks ,

Rahul Yedapally

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.I am having doubt in this section only.When users will create the incident from the satellite system the categorization is not available.In the UI i have configured categorization.When i will view the incident in UI that has been created from GUI then what categorization it will show.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rashmi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

First Question Problem

Open CRM Web UI by transaction: SM_CRM

Select “Service Operations” from the side menu and search for available “Categorization Schemas”.

Usually one active categorization schema should maintain all the following: Incident, Incident Template, Knowledge Article, Problem and Problem Template.

In this example the SAP Solution Manager default schema “SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE” is selected.

2) They no need to use UI , give the CRM component in BRF Plus

Thanks,

Rahul yedapally

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Lets me make the scenario clear.There might be a communication gap between us.

In our landscape we need to implement solution manager for 7 different teams.Teams are ERP,Billing,Device,FICA,CRM,HR,PM .

All the teams uses GUI except CRM team.Our CRM version is 7.0 EHP 1.All the work is being done in UI not GUI.

Now if any ticket has to be raised by other teams except CRM they will use GUI(Help->Support Message).CRM team works on various one order objects in the WEB UI itself,so i have to configure the solman web UI for them also.

Now to make it uniform i have to design in such a way that look and feel will be uniform for every team.

While raising complaint in WEB UI they might not be knowing the CRM Component so i need to give them categorization.

I am now confused how to this this categorization in the(Help->create support message).What will be the use of categorization n solman if it can't be chosen in satellite systems.

Please clarify

Regards

Rashmi

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Solution manager experts

Please reply.

Regards

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

whats the use of categorization , if we implement BRF Plus

BRF++ Engine , is to segregate the tickets depending on the component Name

For example : while doing BRF Plus You will write the conditions for basis component,  sd , fico

depending on the component , support team will automatically determined.

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally 

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Thanks again for replying.Yes you are absolutely correct.But i need to implement SLA also.That can be implemented only using categorisation .There i can define response time and other times.Second problem is that for CRM users component is not automatically available for CRM users as they will use UI.In the UI they dont have option to select component.

These are the two problems where i am stuck now.

Regards

Rashmi

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram

I have already read the blogs.I have doubt in the section where i am creating support message from GUI by clicking on create support message,there i am having no option to select the category as category is not available in the create support message.But i need categorization too.Please guide on that.

Regards