cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry client for Android not rendering properly in a device with software buttons

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Agentry in a device without physical hardware buttons, therefore the buttons are placed in the screen and are visible all the time.

The tablet screen size is 7" but the buttons are occupying some of this space. The Agentry client is rendering the screens ignoring the software buttons and not adjusting accordingly. Before I create an incident in SAP, is there any solution to this issue?

Agentry client: 70.5.1.10

Android version: 4.1.2

See the screenshot below:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally I can close this thread because I found the solution.

• The device has 1200x600 resolution.
  • The software buttons + the Agentry client top toolbar use 129px. Therefore only 471 are left
  • WorkManager main menu screens are divided into 500 rows, since only 471px are available for the device screen, it is impossible to render the screens in the display.

The solution is to reduce the screen rows and tiles to use a maximum of 471 rows. Then of course I had to change fields dimensions as well. For instance reduced the height for the WorkOrder Tile View, and then move the status tile 29px up. I did the same kind of changes for WorkOrders, Notification, TimeSheet and Operations screens.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I just tested this on a Panasonic JT-B1 running Android 4.0.4 with a screen resolution of 1024x600.

I used both my test app and Work Manager 6.1.  In my test app the software buttons did not overlap the bottom of the Agentry screen.  With Work Manager 6.1 I see about 1or 2 pixels overlap which simply causes the screen to scroll to view the last couple of pixels.

I was using the out of the box Work Manager.  If I were intending to deploy on this device I would probably adjust the vertical spacing and move notes to a tab in the details area to give more space for detail view but I am not seeing the major overlap you describe.

It could also certainly be OS version related.  I don't have anything with 4.1.2 and software buttons to test with.

--Bill

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then maybe it is a combination of OS version and screen resolution. I'm not sure, but as I said I tested an Android Virtual Device with the same technical specs than the Getac and the problem was still there.

At least I found a work around

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah, could be.  I have bookmarked this for reference in case I run into it in the future.

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The applications where not setup for a 7in screen.  You would need to adjust the screen rows and columns to get everything to show.

Stephen.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen, I don't think this is the problem. In a 7" screen without the software buttons this issue is not happening.

Of course we had to redesign the screens because the original version is for bigger tablets and some texts, buttons and actions were not correctly displayed. But that is different than having the buttons hidden behind the Android controls.

I can tell so, because if I put the tablet in portrait mode the "start, hold, transfer and complete" buttons are still partially hidden even the screen has more than enough room to display it.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Marcal,

It certainly appears to me to be a bug.  I would recommend opening an issue.  What device are you using?  Certainly Engineering will need to be able to reproduce the problem so details on that will be important.

--Bill

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill, I will proceed creating the incident.

The real device is a Getac Z710, but the screenshot I attached is from an Android virtual device enabling the software buttons. So the problem it is not only with our particular device.