cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation version getting updated from active version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We noticed that in Active Model 000, existing Simulation Versions are getting updated (changed) daily, even though we do not know any job scheduled by us which could do such update. I tried to search for any job running at the time of version change, but could not find through SM37.

Can you guess what could be triggering this change?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally we found that Sim version was not getting updated from active version - regression testing proved that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check a TSCOPY variant, and display logs that can help you identify the time it ran.

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using /SAPAPO/VERSION_COPY_PAR as standard job to be run once daily. It is used to copy from Version 000 to SM1 while we see that SM2 is also getting changed. This regular job's time does not match with the time other versions are changing.  I don't think this is standard behavior....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is getting changed daily? What are you copying with //VERSION_COPY_PAR?

Some master data is shared between planning versions.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All master data and transaction data are copied for the purpose of backup/simulation. We update daily only one version but the other two are also getting changed as we can see from the "Last change" field in /SAPAPO/MVM transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see the difference in master data between planning versions. Select 2 planning versions with the Ctrl key, select Additional Functions then Master Data Comparison. Run wide open and check the log. Compare 001 and SM1 then 000 and SM2. Just a thought.

I don't think transactional data differences would affect the "Last Changed" field.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I checked and see that mainly many fields in Resource and capacity variants are not matching between the two simulation versions. So it indicates that other sim versions are not really updating from active version. But still the "last changed" fields  are same for those.

Can you guess why it should be same or what exactly in production planning master data could cause changes to all versions in an active model automatically?