cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java HTTP adapter - without Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

is it possible to set Java HTTP adapter on sender CC to request no login and password?

I tried to look at documentation but didnt found any setting for that.

Standard case is - when I create sender HTTP channel it requires Basic Http authorization/authentification using popup window to enter login/password.

I`m on SAP PO 7.4

Thank you

vbalko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir -

There is one blog which talks about how to disable basic authentication on soap adapter.

I assume you can follow the same approach if you want to disable for HTTP adapter. But please note that it disables the authentication for all the channels.

Please refer to William's reply in the below therad for more details.

Path for HTTP Adapter WEB-Inf file is :

/usr/sap/<<SID>>/DVEBMGS<<SYS_NO>>/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.http.app/servlet_jsp/HttpAdapter/root/WEB-INF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Hareesh,

but as you said - this will turn off authentication for all channels.

Isnt a way how to turn it off for just one particular channel?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK - I don't think it's possible. Any problem in providing the credentials via URL?

As per the documentation :

For triggering a call to HTTP sender adapter, the user needs to be assigned the security role (action)http_adapter_message . This action is already assigned to the following UME roles in the HTTP adapter application deployment descriptor:

SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE

So either we have to bypass the authentication at adapter level or append the user details to URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to bypass the authentication at adapter level? How?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what i suggested earlier to try modifying the web-inf file.( I said adapter level but not at channel level)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a possibility in dual stack: Clone the default_host/sap/xi/adapter_plain in TA SICF. But as you ask about java, this is ruled out.

You may circumvent by using a reverse proxy that allows unauthenticated connections to outside and does use basic auth or certificate based auth on PI side.

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, isnt it possible to put user credentials in custom adapter module?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great find, Ricardo 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the way - but only for SOAP calls.

I have XML over HTTP - so I have to have HTTP adapter at the sender side and as far as I know Java proxy is just for SOAP calls.

Or am I wrong?