cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejecting Lines in Order - Problem with other line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a unique scenario for which I need help.

Conditions:

1. there is a check in pricing which checks the difference between EDI1 and PAS0 price. IF there is a difference, the incomplete log is appended.

Situation

1. Sales order has 10 items (this was created  and few lines were invoiced before the above condition was implemented).

2. out of the lines that were invoiced, few had the price difference (as per above condition); but they were already invoiced before condition was implemented, so no issues happened then.

Requirement:

I need to reject 2 lines in the order

Issue:

When I am trying to reject line 60, since there is a price difference for line 20 (already completely invoiced -hence non-editable) the above condition is getting executed and making my order as incomplete.

Since line 20 is non-editable so i cannot do anything for that price difference. and i have to reject the line 60.. how to do so.

I have thought about using MASS to update the VBAP-ABGRU, but I am not sure if the price conditions for other line item (line 20) will affect execution of MASS or not.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

What has mentioned is correct. You line level check in the code should first check the status of the specific line item and only then proceed.

Say, IF line item status = complete, then do nothing ELSE carry out check ENDIF. Please ask your Developer to do the same. You have found one Order now, but there is no guarantee that you will not find several others. Especially when trying to archive Documents-this might create unnecessary issues.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

Increase your line item Qty ,then only  your line item reason for rejection will be Editable .

Try and let me know .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you put this logic? Have you used some custom routine to compare two prices? If yes then in that routine you uave to ask your ABAPER to check this thing line item wise. For header level price if you are using this logic then system won't allow to complete the order. You can also write the code to ignore line with status complete. If this has not done with custom routine then share how did you put this logic?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Yes indeed it is with a custom routine. and the conditions are item level only.

ABAPer is comparing the lines in sequential manner. But still this issue is giving me problem as i am trying to reject a line (for this the PAS0 and EDI1 are same -so no issues here) but for the other line (already invoiced), this is creating entry in incompletion log.

please do share your thoughts about my Idea of using MASS. I hope Mass will not run/execute the pricing subroutines ! and then my issue can be resolved.

- Sachin

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why don't you test MASS on one document? I think system will still call that routine and make the document incomplete but I am not sure about it. You can test this on one document and update the status. There will be no harm if it makes document incomplete or complete so testing it in PRD environment is not wrong in my opinion.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope Mass will not run/execute the pricing subroutines

Yes MASS won't work here.  You can try with VA05 where you have the option to change the pricing en-mass but as pointed by MoazaaM, first test with one order.  If you are not aware of this, search the forum or Google it

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a work around you need to increase the line item quantity for completed (status) line items and then put rejection flag for all the line items.so that order will be get completed.

As a permanent solution you need to work with ABAPer and change the routine logic to not to consider if the line items status is completed.

And also you can use the MASS transaction and update the orders with rejection flag.

Regards,