Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS asks for OS User, deployment from NWDS fails

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

Since today, when opening NWDS (7.3 SP 08 PAT0004), after a few seconds I get prompted to "Enter your user name and password for ADM or another operating system administrator on the system host" in a dialog box titled "OS Logon to SAP JEE Host". There is no hint whatsoever which system host this refers to (local workstation with developer workplace or development portal or CBS or...). Whatever credentials I enter, nothing happens except that this box keeps on popping up. After clicking on "Cancel" for three times, the box does not reappear.

After that, when I try to deploy a DC to my development portal server from the Development Infrastructure perspective, I receive an Error saying

"Deployment failed, Error Code 0.

com.sap.ide.tools.services

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: System TP2 not responding.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getCurrentServerInfo(DeployerPlugin.java:94)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:246)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:218)

at com.sap.ide.tools.services.dc.EngineDcDeployService.deployFiles(EngineDcDeployService.java:255)

at com.sap.ide.tools.services.dc.EngineDcDeployService.deploy(EngineDcDeployService.java:135)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.actions.dc.DcDeployAction$5$1.run(DcDeployAction.java:282)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)"

When I deployed before, I got prompted to enter deployment credentials when starting the first deployment of the day, entered my own user-id and password and everything worked fine. My admin crew tells me that nothing has changed except that some weeks ago some pathed have been installed onto the netweaver portal server.

Does anyone have any clue on what may be misconfigured or what credentials have to be entered ?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is ask the os account of your nw system currently configured in your nwds

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, just to follow up on that:

Obviously, my basis team installed a new kernel on the development portal server introducing some new security features. One of these requires authorization whenever NWDS requested diagnostic data, logs (ListLogFiles and ReadLogFile) or whatever from the NWDS default JEE server. The correct credentials would have been the <sid>adm user and password. As my basis team does not like to issue such data to the development team, the corresponding property "service/protectedwebmethods" in the default profile "DEFAULT.PFL" was changed from the default "SDEFAULT" to "DEFAULT". After that, the problems were solved.

Thanks everybody!

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

These are credentials of users who have deployment role/action in NW Java Application Server where code is to be deployed.

Either get it assigned the same to your id or use administrator's id.

--

Regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

For deployment of EJB's need not require OS users ,

I Think you have missed some privileges . can you please ask basis team to Check with there users mostly they are having PISUPER user privileges .

it may have chance to failure of NWDS access and work-space access .

Thanks & Regards

Ganesh.

Message was edited by: Ganesh Gullipalli

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think you need any os user to deploy ejb stuff

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what I think, too. But anyway, everything worked fine for my whole development team until a few days ago an now eyeryone gets the same message. I'll have my basis team check our privileges.

Thanks

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun

Not required OS user to deploy ejb stuff . it will allow with PI user credentials .

i think its required  some more user privileges or NWDS missing some deployments when you create. .

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi michael ,

can u please post what errors you are getting in error logs

Regards

Govardan

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan!

There doesn't seem to be anything about that in any NWDS logfile, at least there is no file in the file system that changed of the NWDS installation, .dtc, .dtr or workspaces today...

Regards

Michael