SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collected Security Deposits are not updating with Profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am able to create the security deposits for the business partners and collect the payments for the same using the cash desk and payment lots. But during the document posting, the BP is not getting updated with the Profit Center value. only the cash/bank gl account is getting updated in the profit center but not the BP.

Note: for all the other postings PC is getting updated properly as per the requirement.

please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Aditya Viswanath

5 REPLIES 5

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

A profit center can not be assigned to a BP.

Can you please state an example and clarify as what you want to achieve here.

Thanks,

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

We have created a security deposit, based on the main and sub combination, we are able to post the SD request by FPSEC1 transaction with an amount of 5000

Through cash desk we are clearing the security deposit request with an amount of 5000 and PC update in cash desk, during the posting the payment document is getting updated as below:

Cash desk A/c----Dr

To BP A/c.

In the above entry for the cash desk (PC) is getting updated but in BP the PC field is not updated.

Thanks for your help in advance

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I believe you are posting the Security deposit as a statistical posting.

Assuming above, I guess you have maintained the corresponding main\sub entries in posting area 1010 against statistical key H.

Having said that, can you check whether the profit center is being maintained in transaction code EK02 for the main\sub entries that you are using for posting the security deposit entries.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Yes, we are posting security deposit as a statistical posting with Statistical key as "H".

But i cannot default one profit center to the combination of main and sub, as my requirement is to enable the PC to BP as per the plan he has choosen.

Example: If X has choosen mobile connection, when ever i collect SD from X it has to go to mobile PC.

If Y has choosen Computer connection, when ever i collect SD from Y it has to go to Computer PC

So please suggest.

Thanks

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I got your requirement.

Just to let you know, profit centers in business partner items are only supported if the enhancements of Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable for Enhancement Package 6.04 are activated by means of an industry-specific business function.

Again, if payments on account are posted as down payments, an alternative the profit center can be set via the posting area 0310, based on the company code and business area.

Also, through event 114 you can also set a profit center in the BP line items and this event has priority over the posting area 0310.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan