SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data maintenance in pos dm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to maintain master data in POS DM.Can anyone explain this completely in detail as I am new to POS DM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai Selvi,

SAP proposed from BW 7.3 to maintain POSDM and BW in separate instance.

Previously till BI 7.0  POSDM & BI sits in single system,so the master data consumed in same BI system.

Please note that, POSDM master-data should be maintained only in BI.

Go to transaction-code - RSA1 (Datawarehouse workbench)

Modeling -> InfoProvider, search for the above master data.

If the above master data is not there you can install from BI Content. Below is the link which describes the configuration of POS Analytics,

773 – BI Retail: POS Analytics

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai selvi,

We have below master data exclusively to be maintained for POSDM in SAP BI,

0RPA_MEAN(EAN Assignment to Article)

0RPA_MARM(Units of Measure for Article)

0EANUPC (European Article Numbers/Universal Product Code)

0MATERIAL (Article)

0PLANT (Store)

0MAT_PLANT(Material Plant View)

Take help of BI consultant and load the above Master data in BI. Until unless you load the above you will get exception in POSDM.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

The Requirement is to maintain master data in POS DM instead of maintaining 3 places  in BI ,ECC and POS.I am wondering whether we can maintain in POS DM.

0 Kudos

Not at all possible.

POS needs different master data.

POSDM/BI extracts master data from ECC.

ECC act as hub for master data for many other system not only for POS and POSDM.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

How are you.

Iam in BW7.4 system, trying to load master data for 0RPA_MEAN from ECC system.

I created a generic datasource with ALE delta on MEAN table and change object field as MAT_FULL

I replicated te datasource to BI as 3.x datasource and tried to do a full load, the extractor is not bringing any records. but there are records in mean table in ECC and in RSA3 also i can find that data.

What do you think the issue is here ?

Reagards

Zaheer

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai Selvi,

SAP proposed from BW 7.3 to maintain POSDM and BW in separate instance.

Previously till BI 7.0  POSDM & BI sits in single system,so the master data consumed in same BI system.

Please note that, POSDM master-data should be maintained only in BI.

Go to transaction-code - RSA1 (Datawarehouse workbench)

Modeling -> InfoProvider, search for the above master data.

If the above master data is not there you can install from BI Content. Below is the link which describes the configuration of POS Analytics,

773 – BI Retail: POS Analytics

0 Kudos

We are curreNtly maintaining  Reason code in /POSDW/IMG/->POS INBOUND PROCESSING->REASONS->DEFINE RESONS., we want these reason codes to be exported to other systems like ecc, POS etc and make POSDM as central place to maintain reason code. Is there any Bapi/RFC or Idoc to distribute these reson codes....if not pls let me know other ways to export these data?

0 Kudos

How many such reason codes are there?

Are you going to send that to ECC from POSDM?

I believe you need to maintain that in POSDM and ECC separately.

From ECC you can send it to POS but not sure whether possible with standard implementation or need custom development.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

In order to avoid maintaining in multiple places, business has decided to maintain in single place ie POS DM ,which will be replicated or send to other systems like ECC and 3 rd party system.How to export this reason code from POS DM to other systems?

if you say custom development,then you mean custom RFC  to export?

0 Kudos

Yes you might have to use RFC to export.

0 Kudos

is there is any standard BAPI to export reason codes from POS DM to ecc and pi?

In POS DM how will we maintain it like we will store it in table or where should we maintain it?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if there exist standard way to export and you also don't need to maintain that in PI as PI will receive all details from POS.

In POS DM you can maintain it in IMG configuration,

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

the requirement here is to maintain master in pos dm and send it to  three systems namely ecc,pos via pi,and bi.what is the option of exporting?

0 Kudos

Are you using separate server for POS DM and BI ?

0 Kudos

Pos dm is integrated with bi..

0 Kudos

so it is in same server.

You don't need to maintain separately for POS DM and BI.

0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

Can you elaborate little more clear, what are types of MASTER DATA you need to maintain in POSDM?

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

Purpose of Reason : Reason is maintained for various transactions,If reasons for the different transactions can be specified in the POS transaction, these have to be created in Customizing.

Group of Reasons: You can group the reasons for the various transactions.

Maitain the Reasons and Group of Reasons in Development and collect in transport send it across in environment.

Reasons are maintained only in POSDM and NOT in ECC.

If you want to maitain in POS system, check the liablity of the POS and we can feed the Reason type in the system accepted (as defined in the POS data contract).

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai Selvi,

Yes, Its has separate data base server from SAP BI and SAP POSDM. SAP strongly recommends to maintain two different box from BI7.3.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

No.

What you are talking is about business content.

It is possible to have same underlying database for both POS DM and BI.

It is not necessary to have separate one unless you have all the BASIS parameter enough to handle processes (CPU, Background Process etc.)

Thanks,

Vikrant.

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikarant,

I'm not talking about BI content, please check with your reliable source or SAP.

SAP recommends to maintain 2 different systems. BI and POSDM.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I might have misunderstood from the snap you provided.

Could you please share a note number or relevant link for the same.

It would be really great and helpful.

Thanks,

Vikrant.