cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Monitor DB01 Exclusive Locks and get an email trigger ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Monitor DB01 Exclusive Locks and get an email trigger ? Can anyone suggest ? I tried CCMS ( Oracle --> Performance --> locks and it looks different and it doesn't match with DB01) . May be firing oracle SQL is an option , but it could be my last option.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Hariharan.

DB01 transactions queries V$LOCK oracle internal view. If you want to monitor this I guess, you have to write an shell script on OS level, which executes a select on v$lock and schedule a job that executes that shell script.

But in my personal opinion it does not make too much sense to monitor lock on the SAP system, as locks are happening regularly because of the nature of OLTP systems. It is quite normal that there are hundreds of locks during a regular day. The only problem arise if the lock doesn't released after a while.

Regards,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

As mentioned before V$LOCK is the last option.

I too know in the day-today operation monitoring DB01 is waste of time. But we have special cases for NRIV ( unable to buffer due to legal restrictions etc.,)  and it is short period of time to monitor DB01 locks above certain threshold.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had reduced the threshold Oracle --> Performance --> locks and checking . This is for only temporary monitoring