cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Server on SAP HANA Cloud Platform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we run Lumira Server on SAP HANA Cloud Platform (not SAP HANA)?

Reason:

Unless there is a way to publish Lumira Story via Lumira Cloud to BI LaunchPad, otherwise I am only interested in the Lumira Desktop version at the moment. As we want to continue to pursue to have one central portal for all BI contents using BI LaunchPad.

Question:

In summary, is it possible to apply SAP Lumira Server on SAP HANA Cloud Platform?

See screenshots below for the ideal scenarios.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Great question.

Yes, absolutely you can.

As an example: I work with some customers who have small Hana estates "on-premise" (say, for Fraud on Hana, or BW HANA sidecar); as such they may not have the available infrastructure to decouple a sandbox Hana to evaluate new Hana Analytics innovations (like Lumira Server)

In such situations I recommend this page http://hcp.sap.com/platform.html  to evaluate our Hana Cloud platform options.

If you scroll half-way down, you'll see a nice graphic under the heading "Choose the Service That's Best for You". (the 3 stacked pillars)

Depending on your own licensing particulars, you may already have a runtime license for Lumira Server (through your BI bundle), and you may already have HDB (database) licenses available in your enterprise, so potentially you need only the 'infrastructure service' (leftmost chart).

Then, I've seen this integrated into productive on-premise systems, typically (but optionally) via a "leased line" (between customer & provider (SAP)) , and a VPN tunnel in between to make the secure bridge.

It's a really neat way to get on the Hana journey: quick to deploy, flexible, and well priced.

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the details explanation.

Will keep that in mind when we are ready to deploy Lumira Server / HANA Cloud Platform.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi /

i'm developing Lumira stories in desktop version and deployed in trial version of Cloud Lumira server.

But not able to connect HANA DB as backend to create stories in Cloud Lumira.

is there any way to create Cloud Lumira stories with backend as HANA DB ? i'm able to achieve this in desktop version and again not able to publish to Cloud Lumira.

i tried with Hana Cloud Platform trial account.

But i dont find Lumira Server on HCP. Only Cloud lumira is available where we are not able to connect with HANA DB.

Is Lumira is available in HCP ? or how to connect HANA DB with Cloud lumira server?

I'm new to Lumira developments, Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks & Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a closed thread; please create a new thread in accordance with SCN rules and be sure to search before you post.  Thank you