cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in CADO and CJI3 report

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a issue with PS reports.

I am using CADO and CJI3 report for resource hours booked.

I am able to find quick changes in CADO but same changes are taking time, in CJI3 report.

Can some one assist me on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

CADO is direclty linked with CatsDB, Catsco as told by sammar,

Cji3 is linked with actual cost that comes after confirmation and updattion in CATSPS.

Please check with ABAP team,

May be delay is due to that reason.

until the confirmation and transfer is not done...cji3 will not update..

I hope it will help

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Sammar.

The two reports can only be identical if the costs are only from time confirmations!

If you wuold like to compare the time confirmations I would prefer to use CATS_DA instead of CADO (as far as I know SAP is no longer supporting CADO) and compare with CN48N.

But, the reports outcome is not the same unless CAT5/CAT7/CATA are running as batch jobs or if immediate transfer is customized.

The reason for the delay can be because CAT5/CAT7/CATA are not executed with same frequense as for a month ago. You have to talk with someone in your organization who can tell you about these batch jobs.

Regards

Lone

0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

Yes, I found a batch job which is running every day 6:30 pm. I tried to replicate the same issue in quality. I found system is not able to transfer for 3 days.

Don't know what is the reason.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you check'd the variant used for the batch job?

Maybe it says that the transfer should select confirmations for specific dates - not including confirmations "new'er" than 3 days?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Are you still searching for answers??? I thought the delay due to batch program would have given you the idea on the Delay..

0 Kudos

No Sammar,

I run CAT5 manually in quality system as well, it is also not picking for the dates.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please report the case to SAP via an Incident with a replicable case.

Not sure...If you have had a chance to look at the records in SM13. (Update Error in Database in precise)

Also please keep the community apprised of the Findings from your incident on SAP.

Hope that Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Is the statuses of these time sheets approved? Can you share the screen shots of your timesheets from catsdb table..

If you feel its a program bug then raise an oss message

Regards

Sammar

0 Kudos

yes time sheet is also approved, we have a daily job to transfer these hours to project (CAT5).

0 Kudos

This issue is not for response time of reports.

I am getting different results from CADO and CJI3 report.

Eg.

If i am executing both the reports today, both the reports will not be identical; but if i execute both the reports after 2 weeks, reports will be identical.

can some one please assist?

Thanks,

Manish.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to analyze the data at the data base level. (e.g.CATSDB, RPSCO)

Identify the Process Step (Timesheet Booking, Approval, Transfer to Project) that is causing the mismatch.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Which is understandable, CJI3 is actual cost while CADO is time reporting. To explain it further lets assume that I book my timesheet for a wbs today. And I run CADO, today I will get an output for my timesheets.

But now if i run CJI3 I will not get anything.. Reason is.. Has the timesheets been transferred to PS or CO job run? Please check when is your CAT5 or CAT7 ( RACTSPS or RCATSCO) jobs are run..

My assumption would be there would be a time gap.. and hence you will have a difference in reports..

Hope it clears your query..

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I full agree with Sammar here... CJI3 is the report to show actual cost line items booked against Project. While CADO report is used to see what is the time booked by specific user for specific period.

What is the business need for comparing data in both the reports.

And when you say

"

If i am executing both the reports today, both the reports will not be identical; but if i execute both the reports after 2 weeks, reports will be identical.

"

How are you coming to this conclusion that reports will be same after 2 weeks. Is there any functionality that is going to change.. Please elaborate.

Regards

Tushar

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

System is behaving like that only.

Outcome of both the reports are same now, before 2 weeks reports are showing different results, though the time frame is the same.

I am passing sender cost center list in CADO and WBS list in CJI3 report.

before a month i was able to get the same outcome from both the reports.

Thanks,

Manish.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using CAT2 for time booking over WBS, network and activities.

If i am posting some cost over WBS then it should come on both the reports.

can you please check and assist??

Thanks,

Manish.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,

Manish.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,

Manish.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

CADO report doesnt shows actual cost. It just gives you the cost of the time booked against the WBSe, Network/Activities.

CJI3 is a comprehensive report which gives you actual cost posted against a cost object in a Project. It takes into account all costs ( FI Postings, Timesheets, GR etc).

So these two reports cannot show you identical values.. The values can be identical only for the time-sheets. That you can filter based on the Cost Element being used for time-sheet postings.

I am kind of confused here.. what's the issue now for these reports? Have you got the clarity why there is difference in your reports, based on the inputs provided by us...

Samar

0 Kudos

Hi...

i think that you will find useful what was mentioned already: when users enter their time in CATS and even when it is approved (and can be seen in various reports of CATS including cado) this does not appear on reports like KSB1-CJI3-KOB1 etc...since you need to perform another step of CATS : Transfer to target components. When this happens only then system updates records in CATSPS-CATSPM-CATSCO tables and most importantly the field (indicator) CATSPS-TRANSFERRED.

Till that point results of CADO and CJI3 will differ.

When the transfer occurs then CJI3-KSB1-KOB1 will be updated will actual costs and respective hours.

Hope it helps somehow

Panagiotis

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you read and follow my earlier reply? Please post your findings here.

You will be able to identify the answer on your own while carrying out the analysis at the table level.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

0 Kudos

Hi...

i dare to say that comparing execution times of cado and cji3 is like comparing oranges and apples (i have heard it more than once by our users and even power users)..CADO accesses mainly CATS relevant tables when CJI3 is a significantly more complex report (even by applying criteria and filters etc) that indeed reads MORE tables.

If you are just trying to increase the execution speed of CJI3 you need to concetrate on the selection criteria you operate and of course adding indexes could be useful.

Hope it helps somehow...

Cheers

Panagiotis

0 Kudos

Hi Panagiotis,

I am not comparing the execution time of the reports.

i am comparing the outcome of the report.

Suppose if i am executing both the reports today, both the reports will not be identical; but if i execute both the reports after 2 weeks, reports will be identical.

Thanks,

Manish.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read thru http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1944025. Check if feasible to implement in your system.

Hope it help!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

0 Kudos

Hi, I am not able to view the message again. can you please resend me the link with ID and password??

0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

i am not able to getting any dump while executing any report.

I am getting a delta when i am comparing the reports(CADO, CJI3).

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although a proper suggestion has been given by Sammar. But for another workaround solution, execute CJI3 in background too (Goto->Execute in Background). Just check it is taking the same time

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am getting different result with two reports(CADO and CJI3).

Both the reports will sink after 2 weeks.

I think if master data is updated, both the reports should give the same result??

Please assist..

Thanks,

Manish.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

The slow response in CJI3 can be due to many reasons as:

1. Whats the date range  you are getting the data for?

2. Number of projects/WBSEs you are running CJI3?

As CADO deals directly with CATSDB, CATSCO, tables the data fetching for employee hours is faster. The CJI3 works with the postings of actual costs and involves other tables. So you can definitely expect a delayed response.

If it is taking a substantial amount of time in CJI3. Ask your Basis team mates to increase the memory space for this report.

Hope it helps..

Sammar

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable replies.

SAP was working fine before a month, I am facing this delta first time in the report.

Thanks,

Manish

0 Kudos

1. The data range is the same for both the reports (CADO,CJI3).

2. I was running the same WBS elements in CJI3 before and now as well.

before a month i was getting the same result from both the reports.

Now i an getting the same result from both result but i need to wait for 1 or 2 weeks.