Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i do capacity leveling without SAP HR in SAP PS

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP PS.

My Client requirement to level capacity in SAP PS.And one activity can be done by multiple skill set.

So what i have done

• I had created various skill as work center in SAP PP with corresponding capacity type .

• Now as client need one activity can be done by various skill so i have spitted activity in activity elements in project and then assigned work center at Activity element .

• Now when i am doing leveling in CM26 or CM32 it is not leveling the capacity even the capacity is not available.And  i cannot understand the concept of dispatch and de allocate in proper maner too.

Am i doing some thing wrong or some configuration is still  missing.

Thanks

Suraj Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

The capacity leveling is available at the activity level. Once you have assigned your work center to the activity. You can Split that work in the Person Assignment Tab and assign various resources and divide the work accordingly..

Hope it helps..

Sammar

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

Thanks For reply!!

As No HR .Can Person Assignment Tab be use full?If yes then how can i assign multiple skill in one activity.?

Thanks

Suraj

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

sorry missed that part.. I think then the Person Assignment will not work.. What you need to do is Use PP work centers with PP functionality of assigning multiple activity types within a work center. As what I can see currently you are using PS formula. Which allows only one activity type per Work Center for Costing and Capacity Calculations..

You would need help from your PP consultants as well in this regards..

Let's wait for others as well...

Samar

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar ,

As per me,Assigning Different activity type in work center will help in cost calculation alone but not in capacity leveling .

Thanks

Suraj prakash