Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virsa Firefighter emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of a way to modify the notification logs Firefighter emails out? My reason for asking is, we use CUA and have the same firefighter ID's on multiple systems. When a user logs in to a firefighter account an email is sent out to the various controllers. The subject line of the email states "Firefighter Login Notification". The text of the email states "User XYZ has logged in using the XXX firefight ID on MM/DD/YYYY at 12:00:00" and provides the reason and activity that the user entered when they logged in to the firefighter account. Unless the user enters the system name (and they never will) there is no quick way of knowing from the email, what system is being used (Dev, Qas, Prod). If we could modify either the subject line "Firefighter Login Notification from System XYZ" or the email text it would be easier to tell who is using what systems

Thanks

Ken Burd

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about adding system name (or code) as part of the naming standard of the firefighter ID?

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Thought about that, and if we can't fix this some other way that's what we'll do, but my preference is to have 5 or 6 firefighter ID's on multiple systems that we can administer through CUA rather than many different ID's each on 1 system

0 Kudos

Ken,

I understand your situation, however to my knowledge there is no way to change the email since it's generated from the log.

I currently don't have access to firefighter to tinker with any settings--I'm going by past usage and Virsa documentation.

Cheers,

Ben