cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCHR Issue, Checks have encashment Date but entry is not posted for all of the checks

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need a help with Check Clearing Process. When we received the file from the bank and after the upload into SAP, all the checks receive encashment date but the entry was posted for half of them and half of them were not cleared at all. Hence our GL Accounts are out of balance. If I try to use FCHR again then I get the error message that Cashed Checks cannot be processed.

Process:

Step 1: Check Run F110

Step 2: Clear the Customer during the Payment Run

GL Entry:

Vendor Account Debit

Outstanding Check Account Credit

Step 3: Received the file from the Bank (let’s say for $10,000 with 15 checks)

Step4: I used TCode FCHR to upload the file from the bank (numbers and amounts were matching between SAP data and Bank Data)

GL Entry:

Outstanding Check Account Debit   $6500 (10 Checks only)

Actual Cash (Bank) Account Credit $6500 (10 Checks only)

* Please note that the file which I uploaded in the SAP had $10,000 in amount with 15 Checks and system updated the Check Encashment Date in front of all checks (15 Checks) but did the clearing for only 10 of them.

Step 5: I used TCode FCHN to run the report and I found out that GL Accounts were out of balance for the exact amount of $3,500 with 5 Checks are still open with check encashment date on them.

Conclusion:

When I ran FCHR then system updated the encashment date in front of all checks (15) but did clearing of only few of them (10). 5 checks are still open in the GL Account.

I will really appreciate some help.

Salman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I found out that business user was trying to enter the clearing entry in the closed period that is why the checks received the encashment date but clearing entry didn’t process.

I have opened up the period and processed the SM35 batch input session which still had “New” status. After that I closed the period again.

Salman

Answers (0)