cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD information in DAA agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to change the central SLD (XYZ) with Solman's SLD (ABC) for the entire landscape.

In our landscape while installing the DAA agent in the technical system we gave the information of SLD also along with Solman information. However, after reading note 1365123, we got to know that SLD information is not required if you have Solman in your landscape with version 7.1 SP05 or higher.

Our doubt is that though our Solman version is higher than 7.1 SP05 but we gave the information of SLD while installing the DAA agent earlier.

Do we need to update the central SLD information in DAA also as we are changing the central SLD from XYZ to ABC? or It is not required as we are working with higher version of Solman than 7.1 SP05?

Regards,

Nitin Khanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Irrespective of your Solution Manager release, you will have to change SLD pointer of your DAA as you are changing to central SLD. Please use below commands from your DAA directory to change the SLD config:

To connect to solman :

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"<solmanservername" port:"5xxxx" user:"SMD_USER" pwd:"xxxxxxx"

Registration of agent on sld:

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"servername" port:"5xxxx" user:"j2ee_admin" pwd:"xxxx"

When you register, it is recommended to connect through P4 port of your Solman.

Do restart DAA once done.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shahid.

As per SAP note 1365123, it is not required if you have Solman in your landscape with version 7.1 SP05 or higher.

Also, could you please let us know what could be the impact of NOT updating the SLD information in DAA agent according to you?

Regards,

NK

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If your satellite system DAA is not connected to the right solution manager SLD, the monitoring metrics of that system will not reach Solution manager where central SLD is being used. If you are not configuring that solman (where central SLD resides), then you can skip it. Else, you will have to configure the SLD as I mentioned earlier, if you need monitoring data there..

Hope it clears.. Let me know if any further clarification needed.

Regards,

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shahid.

What is difference or usage of putting SLD information and SOLMAN information separately in DAA agent?

Also, I hope you have checked note 1365123 and below line in that note:

04/04/2012: New recommendation concerning second Diagnostics Agent on IS EM host - Diagnostics Agents installed with the standalone installation package, do not require registration in SLD since Solution Manager 7.1 SP05. - Text formally revised.

Regards,

NK

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

To my understanding, it is talking about second DAA installation on the IS EM host i.e. the host where you have Solution Manager.

Nevertheless, SLD registration of DAA is required to show metrics in Wily Introscope of your Solution manager.

What is your current SLD? and central SLD? Are you using central SLD on Solman? or PI?

Regards,

Shahid