cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agentry-how do you do a transaction from a detail screen?

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to do a transaction from a detail screen so that i can use tabs.  Is there a way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have detail screens in transactions but there is no way to have tabs on it.  If the screen set has more then one screen while being use by the transaction only one screen will be seen at a time.

Stephen.

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for that info Stephen.  Actually I was thinking of the reverse - performing a transaction from a detail screen.  My end goal is to perform a save from a screen that has tabs.  I've heard that there might be a way to morph a detail screen into something that can support a transaction.  Do you know if that's possible?  Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a transaction with no screenset linked set in the action.  Next in the transactions you would need to have each value point to the screen field.

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tim,

One way to accomplish this is for your detail screen tab to use a field type Tile Edit.  This will embed a transaction screen where the user can go into edit mode on the tab, change data and save it all from the tab.

This is fairly straightforward to implement.  Other options get very complicated fast and as such are not recommended.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.  Using the tile edit control works well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible, the screensets, actions for transaction and objects are different

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu