cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up a separate communication channel for DR DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario here for a JDBC interface. I am trying to send data from SAP to Oracle DB. I have two oracle databases, once actual (O1) and another for disaster recovery of O1 db which I named as O2. My requirement is that if my Actual DB O1 is down for maitenance activity or for any other reason, then my DR database O2 will be up so that my running operation will not hamper and data transfer will not stop.

To replicate the above requirement I have done a change in Receiver Determination step of that particular interface. In the receiver determination step I have done this configuration. Please see below.

Configured Receivers

Rule                                        Condition                                   communication party                              communication component

Local Rule:                                                                                                                                                         O1                               -----Actual database

'' If No Receiver is found, Proceed as follows: ''

Select the following receiver:     communication party [Blank]          communication component: [O2]    ----- DR database

Now Actual DB O1 is down, will this condition work when messages get triggered from SAP and move to DR database O2. Will it automatically send the data to O2 db. I am unable to receive messages in O2 database.

I am trying to send data to disaster database O2 when my actual database is kept down.

Can anybody suggest any solution for the above case.

Regards,

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest

Neeraj