cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to do results recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I am failing to do the results for an inspection lot. the inspection plan of the material has quantitative characteristics yet am getting the message below:

What areas/fileds am i supposed to be mindful of so that i can record results against characteristics in the MIC?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check control indicators against each MIC, i.e. Record Measured Value is on or not. Secondly, check whether correct inspection plan with correct validity date is assigned to inspection lot or not ?

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shailendra has mentioned a valid point here to check whether the plan is assigned to inspection lot or not!

• For this select the inspection lot and click on change inspection lot
  • You can find group and group counter in Insp.Specifications tab

It can happen that the inspection plan is created after the actual goods receipt and hence the plan doesn't get assign to the lot leaving lot in to CRTD staus.

If the lot contains CRTD status check if below link is useful

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Inspection+lots+with+CRTD+status-+Causes+and+Remedies

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

the inspection Plan is not assigned yet the status has changed for CRTD to REL. See below. Where am I missing the link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Assigned you inspection plan task list via QA02 . Without REL system won't allow you to record the inspection

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after assigning the task list and calculating the sample just save it in QA02. Re open in QA32 and perform RR. and if system is already in REL status it means task list already identified and assigned automatically with inspection lot. Now you need to check the assigned inspection plan, which is already in the inspection lot whether the MIC is there or not.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the material master for the insepction type, check that the indicator "check characeristic." is checked on.  Without this checked, the system only allows a UD, no characteristics recording.

Craig

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mutale,

It will be of much help if you share Screenshots of

1. MM03- Inspection setup of a inspection type you have maintaind which has caused creation of this inspection lot.

2. QP03- Inspection Characteristic screen of the Operation in inspection plan assigned to inspection lot.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

The system is also not giving  a tab for inspection plan assignment in the lot created. As you requested see the QM make up for my material. Also the inspection characteristic assigned to the material in the inspec. plan

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks Okay to me.

just need to make sure that MIC used here CAD has Record Measured Values flagged onn in Control indicators. You must check this in QS23 and QP03, It might happen that it is flagged onn in Qs23 but it was unflagged in inspection plan.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Thanks for the help. Both QS23 and QP03 are flagged on. the problem is on the inspection lot tabs. i am only getting those shown below in qa02. what could be the reason?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for assistance. I have managed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All is that , you need to check your master data as well as assignments along with process flow. There should be something which you have not noticed.

I think all experts provided you all the stdn best practices and its related solutions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou so much Gaur for your inputs. I have learnt alot

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know that your issue is resolved . I was wondering from the screen shot you provided - the tab Insp.Specifications was missing where actually the task list group is assigned. Unfortunately I could not simulate the similar test case! Hence couldn't arrive at the conclusion what exactly caused this.

Would be of great of help if you can share the info whether you get that tab in QA02 after applying the solution? Whether the task list group is assigned to that lot and which can be verified through QALS table?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem was in the material master. during QM make up, i did not check the inspe tasklist and check char. during material master creation