cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to automap values in the Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I automap the fields (attributes) for several 100 fields with the standard "automap" functionality in the Import Manager. But the value mapping stays blank and I have to manually map/add all the value mappings.

This is should not be since with the "automap" all fields I want to avoid this manuall work.

What is the setting for automatic adding of values when not existing? Not for the batch, I've found that setting. I need to know for the Import Manager. What setting makes automatic value mapping if a field was mapped.

Thanks for the answer. Will be rewarded.

BR

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

We are also facing same problem for CLFMAS data upload manually.

At that time first we are uploading check tables data for values and then uploading actual data.

i think auto addition of values in manual uploading is not possible.

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

thank you very much for the answers. Unfortunatly it does not work that automapped fields get also thier values dirctly automapped. We have to go manually through more than 4000 fields and click either on "automap" for the value mapping or if the value does not exist yet we have to click on "add".

Either way both is manuall work and will take several days.

Is there any way to avoid this? Any workaround?

BR

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Not sure if you want to do this only through the Import manager UI. If its ok to perform this via the Import Server / Import Manager Batch. Then you have the options to Automap field values as well, as well as with the addition of adding unmapped values, which might ease things out for you.

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

true but the problem is I connect to a SQL database so I don't have any XML files to follow the the Port concept. I need to use the Import Manager and cannot use the Import Server.

BR

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using..

Import Manager -> Configuration Options

Find Matching Field

Operator - Exact or Contains

Type - Normalized

Automap Fields when loading map - Yes

Value Automap

Hiearachy - Full Path

Normalized - No

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

If some or all of your <u>source values are exactly the same as the corresponding destination values,</u> then only you can use the Automap button to automatically map them to their matching destination values.

"Each time click on the Automap button, MDM attempts to map

additional source values based on the current set of Converted Values. "

Hope this might solve your problem.

thanks

Alexander