Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI analysis authorization combination is not working

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I recently encountered one scenario in our BI system landscape during the maintenance.

There is BI report Z_test_query has made on info provider Z_test_provider and it has multiple authorization relevant info objects associated with it.

User has access to Info provider(0TCAIPROV) through analysis authorization( ex : object 1)  and one of the authorization relevant info object 0COMP_CODE  is present in different analysis authorization( ex: Object 2) . With this set up , if user runs the query he is getting error "you do not have authorization for any char . values for char 0COMP_CODE".

whereas he is not getting any error , if 0COMP_CODE is added to analysis authorization Object 1. As per my understanding BI auth relevant info objects need not be in same analysis authorization to be able to execute the query. The scenario what i faced is contradictory , can some one assist me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Kumar,

It works like this:

1. When the characteristic 0TCAIPROV is on an Analysis Authorization, and when you have 0COMP_CODE on the "same" AA, the check takes place for AND condition on the values of the 0COMP_CODE on the "same" AA. It "will not" look for 0COMP_CODE in rest of the AAs.

2. If you want to merge the characteristic values from other AAs, leave your 0TCAIPROV on one AA(lets say AA1) and create another AA with 0COMP_CODE values mentioned(lets say AA2) - make sure the AA with 0COMP_CODE doesn't have 0TCAIPROV on it(on AA2) and it should work good.

Try out and let me know.

Regards,

Pranaam

4 REPLIES 4

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnakumar

Your understanding is sightly wrong. The new concept for anlaysis authorisations binds the Activity, Infoprovider/multiprovider and characteristics together. They are not checked individual

You need to put the values in the same AA. If you ran a trace in RSECADMIN you will see how the evaluation works.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Kumar,

It works like this:

1. When the characteristic 0TCAIPROV is on an Analysis Authorization, and when you have 0COMP_CODE on the "same" AA, the check takes place for AND condition on the values of the 0COMP_CODE on the "same" AA. It "will not" look for 0COMP_CODE in rest of the AAs.

2. If you want to merge the characteristic values from other AAs, leave your 0TCAIPROV on one AA(lets say AA1) and create another AA with 0COMP_CODE values mentioned(lets say AA2) - make sure the AA with 0COMP_CODE doesn't have 0TCAIPROV on it(on AA2) and it should work good.

Try out and let me know.

Regards,

Pranaam

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you so much Collen and Pranam!

I tried the points given by pranam and it worked out. Got more clarity now.

0 Kudos

Great!! Thanks for confirming.

<"doing the needful" removed by moderator> -> guru can decide for himself.

Regards,

Pranaam

Message was edited by: Julius von dem Bussche