Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFFOBR_U - Brazil DME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to increase the file name size is the standard program :

The length for the below structure is 38, i want to change to 75.

PARAMETERS:  PAR_UNIX LIKE RFPDO2-FORDNAMD.

Could any tell if we can do this using enhancment, if so please explain.

I have searched this in SDN, but could not get any answer for this. Please let me know the possible and best solution for this.

Thanks

Senthil

4 REPLIES 4

former_member202771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Use RLGRAP-FILENAME instead.

Thanks,

ANil

0 Kudos

Anil,

I am not asking that.

I need to know if we can have any enhancment of this program in selection screen level.

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that is a wise thing to do. I would NOT recoomend that.. If I do a where used action on this structure-field combination then I get 105 hits.

Changing the datatype would effect all programs, function modules etc. where this is used. You will need to get acces keys for all these programs to change them as well. And what if this field is used in a move-corresponding statement ? Then you would have to make changes there as well. Big chance you are going to f*** up something seriously.

Can you explain WHY you want to change SAP standard like that ? Maybe we can come up with an altenative solution.

0 Kudos

Thanks Peter for your response.

I am not going to change via access key. I am aware that it will hit at many place.

I know implicit enhancement is not available , but still an example

If i had a implicit enhancement at selection screen level i can change to

PARAMETERS:  PAR_UNIX LIKE RLGRAP-FILENAME.

But the above is NOT possible.

The reason to change is, The DME file which would be generated in the program is stored in application server. The Path of application server is more than 38 ...which comes around 60 including file name. That's why Business want to change the length. Please advise.