cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Extract User Group-User List to flat file/excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to extract all the BOE user group-user list to excel/flat file

I looked under User Group in Metadata Management and this view displays the Application user count group wise but I would like to get a consolidated list in one go rather than individually selecting a group to view the user names. I also selected few groups to Object Tray and then tried to export to Universe/CWM hoping predefined semantic structure will be created, but getting an error there.

lastly, I looked under 'Reports' but couldn't find any predefined report for user list group wise

Kindly advise on how we can extract the consolidated BOE user group-user list from Information Steward. You help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot extract the user group list frok IS. There is another tool like Query Builder will help to extract the information. And also there are user created macros availble to extract the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

We have already explored the CMS Query builder route but it doesn't have an option to export the data output into flat file. Suggestion on macros appreciated.

Regards,

Ritesh

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There isn't much provided from a reporting standpoint for Information Steward in general.  To get the user list that you want you will probably have to create your own report and have it do the export to Excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@John Clark, any quick report creation suggestions in Information Steward.