cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger SFTP adapter polling files multiple times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger SFTP Sender adapter is used in our PI system for picking files from the third party SFTP server.

The issue here is, the first few files approx(10-15) were picked and deleted as expected by Seeburger SFTP sender adapter from the source location Base directory of Third party SFTP server. But the remaining files in the directory were picked multiple times.

What could be the reason?

Note: Delete File option is already set in the Seeburger SFTP sender adapter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi

Are you having cluster based environment, how many cluster nodes exist in your PI landscape.

Is it something happening like multiple nodes processing same files.Please check with the filename which got multiple times along with the log from nodes.i hope you will find something.

Sometimes it happens one file got processed two times as the same file got picked by 2 nodes as they have less size and the polling frequency is also low.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanareddy,

Could you please tell me where to see the logs of nodes.

If we increase the polling interval time of the channel, will it resolve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After increasing the polling interval, the issue got resolved..

Thank you very much for your valuable input!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it looks it might be due to file size, half written files are picked by pi.

Are they placing/writing the files directly to the folders -which pi is picking? what is the frequency of polling interval?

you can ask the customer to first write to temporary folders and move to outbound for PI Picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

Third party system places the files in their SFTP server one day before. So PI picks those files the next day. File size of those duplicate files is not so huge as well

Seeburger SFTP adapter polls for file between 10:00 AM to 10:10 AM and polling interval is 1min.

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

How big is the data on the files that is being picked up multiple times v/s files that are picked up once?

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have compared the file size and found that the file size of those duplicate files is not so huge.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

Did you manually tried to login to the thirdparty server and check if the files are correctly deleting?

if not try to check by stopping the channel nonce the files are picked.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As per the information we received from Third Party, files are getting deleted once they have been picked up by the channel.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

Strange, if the file is correctly picked and deleted in the source directory in the third party server PI channel has no chance to pick the same file again.

I strongly believe some thing wrong is happening in your third party server.

Thanks,

Naveen.