cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization of Web Dynpro Java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a huge WD Java application with close to 4000 labels divided between different views in different components.

I wanted to use .XLF way of implementation but it does not allow for mass edit of entries (something like copy paste to excel, modify and paste back to .XLF file.

Is there a simpler way to implement internationalization in WD Java applications? I have to implement the same in 10 languages for now.

I am aware of .properties and resource bundle method but is there a document explaining end to end scenario?

Regards

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet

The internalization in WebDynpro Java is done typically by using the .xlf files.

The .xlf file redactor allows you to modify the labels one by one.

Also each view you are creating and typing the labels directly in the properties automatically creates the .xlf file containing all strings you have entered as default.

One easy way to mass change a string is to open all files as readable, search for all .xml files inside the _comp folder of your DC and open them in text redactor such as Edit++. Than use the mass replace fuction of the Edit++ to update the strings inside all of the .xlf files.

Later on you must restart the NWDS or just use reload function in the WebDynpro perspective to force the NWDS to load the changes you have made on the file system outside of the Eclipse.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Denitsa

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By using translation tool, will convert different languages. But I don’t know where we will get in SCN.

I worked on earlier this type of requirement; you want I will share you by mail.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you have to stick with the xlf

don't understand why copying to  excel can help u in this case....