cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send invoice document through email to multiple customers?

Zain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have successfully configured SAP to send invoice document through email to a single customer and it is working fine, but a new requirement has come up in which the requirement is to send this email to multiple email addresses. I tried searching on web but could not find a robust solution, please note that I am looking for a standard solution and not a custom one.

I looked at SAP Note 960088 - FAQ: Sending SD messages externally but could not use it to my advantage.

I tried using a distribution list but could not get around how to use it properly, If anyone could guide me as to how to make it work, if they have implemented a similar scenario kindly share so.

Looking forward to your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take the inputs from the following note

• Note 1260015 - Sending mail to multiple recipients

G. Lakshmipathi

Zain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi g,

Thanks for the SAP note, but I am having a little trouble implementing the distribution list, could you guide me please that would be great!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am having a little trouble implementing the distribution list

When you say you have issues in implementing, you also have to ensure that you explained in detail what constraints you have in creating a Distribution List.  For information, the first line text in the said note under "Resolution" is self-explanatory and anybody can create a Dsitribution List based on that.

G. Lakshmipathi

Zain
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did not find any constraint in creating Distribution list, I am having problem  as to where to link the distribution list and how will the system trigger as to which distribution list to whom the email will be sent. will it be customer specific?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how will the system trigger as to which distribution list to whom the email will be sent

In your original post, you referred one OSS note in which just go through Q4 which will answer this query.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

Hope you are using Medium 5.

In standard we Cannot use Distribution List for External send ) Medium 5)

as a workaround, you can add Contact partner Functions with Partner numbers and send.

Or Copy the Output by repeating output type during processing of Billing document and change partner address, it involves manual intervention

hope it is clear

thanks

santosh

Zain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Yes I am using medium 5.

I have added contact partner functions and have also defined them in spro configuration. but email is only being sent to the email maintained in communication tab of customer master data general data.

Manual intervention is not required as mails are to be auto triggered and not to be manual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

please make sure in output type Multiple issuing and partner in-depend should be checked

PFA 

Zain
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried doing that but it is still sending only a single mail with the email maintained in the communications tab in customer master data.