cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Company code field in the Change Request for Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know the usage of - Company code field in the UI for Change request for Company.

1. If a new Company is created, can i assign the company code directly in the UI, will the assignment also replicated to backend in this case?

2. In case of new Company creation, is it possible for multiple company code assignments?

3. Is it possible to to pick the existing Company from the F4 list in the CR and assign the company code in the CR? How about the replication work in this case?

Please share your comments, Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav

1. If a new Company is created, can i assign the company code directly in the UI, will the assignment also replicated to backend in this case?

You can assign new Company code also and replication is done in backend automaticaaly or manually depending upon setting in custiomization .

2. In case of new Company creation, is it possible for multiple company code assignments?

Yes It is possible but you need to do some customization as per Enable multi-copy of Accounts in Company Code in MDG-F

3. Is it possible to to pick the existing Company from the F4 list in the CR and assign the company code in the CR? How about the replication work in this case?

It is possible and replication is done in backend automaticaaly or manually depending upon setting in custiomization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay.

Just to summarize and a bit more specific, here is my understanding:

1. (a). You have mentioned that we can assign new company code also - does this mean i can select            a company code which is not in the F4 list? In such case, how will be the assignment                   replicated? It should ideally create a company code in the backend before the assignment is           processed.

(b). Usually, if a new company code is created in backend, i need to load that in to MDG tables                 such that it will be active in MDG F4 list, for Company assignments in the Change request.

2.      Understood

3.      In the Change request, if i pick existing company from F4 values and edit company related data,          it will be replicated accordingly.

In the same CR, if i give some value in the company code data, the replication will result in one          more assignment added to the company, so as on date, SAP has given the option of only                    additional assignments to the existing assignments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav

No for point no 1. You can not assigned Company code which is not available in F4 list.It also validates check table values assigned to data element.It is Configuration enerty so need to create first befor any master data procedure.You can upload fron backend into MDG tables if you want by file upload functaonality.

For the point no 3 we can edit data  of master object and not Company code data.For updating company code data as it is configuration entry we need to perform in configuration only