cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am new in variant configuration, so plz help me how to configure following scenario.

I created KMAT Material ex, LAPTOP with variant 300.(Configurable material )

Created Characteristics as follows:

Class (CL01) : ZLAPTOP_CLASS

Characterstics(CT04)       Char Value

1. RAM                     -     a. 1GB

b. 2GB

c. 3GB

2. HDD                            a. 150GB

b.250GB

c.500GB

3. PROCESSOR               a. INTEL

b. AMD            

And maintained condition record for condition type PR00 and VA00 by VK11.

Now when I create SO for 1 qty LAPTOP pricing calculation is ok.

But requirment is ,

If I choose 2 qty of LAPTOP and I have to choose 2 qty of 2GB RAM and 3 qty of 150GB HDD(in calssification tab of SO). so from where I choose qty for char value of RAM or HDD. Because there is no option of qty while selecting classification at SO. and if I create another characterstics then how to link with it.

So Plz help, How to write dependancy for qty and the same should be calculate in variant pricing according to qty..

Norma Scenario.

SO

QTY       MAT        PRICE Condition            Value

2           LAPTOP       PR00 - 25000/-         25000

2           1GB             VA00- 800/-                1600

2           2GB             VA00- 1000/-              2000

2           150GB          VA00- 2500/-             5000

Requirment is

QTY       MAT        PRICE Condition            Value

2           LAPTOP       PR00 - 25000/-         25000

3           1GB             VA00- 800/-                2400

1           2GB             VA00- 1000/-              1000

1           150GB          VA00- 2500/-              2500

Plz help how to configure above scenario..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for your case, the solution I would recommend is the combination of BOM material and configurable material, that is:

- maintain material master for laptop, ram, hard-disk and processor, where all of which should be configurable material except for laptop

- maintain a BOM structure

Laptop

Ram

Hard-disk

Processor

when in sales order, and you input laptop and its quantity, BOM will be exploded, and you can change the quantity for all of them if you want, in addition, since all the three sub-items are configurable, you can specify the value of the characteristics for each one of them

please have a try and correct if anything wrong

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay G,

Seems there is no problem with VC but the structure you are assuming is different.

Please try to answer below question, as it will help me replying you as well as It may help you correct your understanding too.

Hard disk is part of laptop or you want to sell it sepratly?

I assume your product structure is like below

Laptop

Ram

Hardisk

Processaor

as material is configurable , you have option to specify which type of RAM or HDD or Processar a customer want to order, but customer needs to specify atlest one value for every object or you can default one value for each and custome riwll have option to change it.

Upto this point there should not be any confusion.

Now, if customer want to order 2 laptops he have option to choose one of below  option

A) order 2 identical laptop with quantity 2 , all chnaracterstic value for RAM,HDD , Procesor will be same only quantityy will be 2 for sales rode rline item

B) place order as 2 line items in sales order with different characterstic value for RAM,HDD , Procesor, although materila is same in line item but pointing to different BOM components.

Please check and reply.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I believe you are asking multiplication of prices w.r.t qty. This can be achieved by Pricing Factor. Create a reference Cstic that reads SO line item qty and use pricing factor to multiply.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr. Ravi

But if I choose Sales Order line item qty.. then there will not be any problem for Variant Pricing. Its work like as normal scenario...

My requirement is if SO Line Item has 1 qty and

Characterstics which I have to choose in SO it should be either 1 Qty or More qty.

Plz check the following screen-shot.

Regards,

AjayG

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay G,

any thoughts on my reply?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh Sir,

Thanks for reply sir,

But.

I am not getting how to configure B Option.

Can you plz explain steps with tcode how to configure above scenario so that I can map the process.

Regards

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

check what Cong Xie suggested above or another simple option could be use 2 characterstic one for selecting a type of component and another one specifying quantity for components choosen.

I am still confuse with the pic you attached in earlier reply, how any can order a 1 laptop with 3 hard disks doesnt sounds logical.

Steps for solution B in my earlier reply are

use VA01 , start creating sales order for line item MaterilaA , assign a set of characterstic. save it.

in same session add one more line item with same material number MaterialA and configurae the product choose different HDD or RAM etc as per requirement , save it.

My experiance with VC is simple the better.

Thanks

Ritesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi