Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach PDF file to Service notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can somebody tell me how I can attach PDF file from local folder into the attachment list in the service notification(tcode IW52) ?

Also how i can get the list of documents attached to the  service notification ?

I should attach the file from module pool program(from custom transaction).

Is there any FM or some class methods that can make the attachment ?

Thanks,

Dime Slavkov

3 REPLIES 3

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

1. Make your pdf files readily available on your PC desktop.

2. Go to IW52, Click on GOS icon, Create... --> Create Attachment.

You will get a file select Dialog box, refer to your desktop file and attach. You can attach number of files this way. If you want to see the files you've attached, click on the Attachment list shown below Create.. in the above picture. You will get the list of all files attached. You can choose anyone and view.

KJogeswaraRao

former_member202771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Slavokv,

Use FM SO_FOLDER_ROOT_ID_GET

then FM SO_DOCUMENT_INSERT.

we will find links on how to use them.

Check this sdn wiki :

Use of Generic object services to attach a URL to Business objects - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki 

Thanks,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying to create an script to perform this automatically on iw52 but I have an issue: using sap script recording, there is a field where you type the path to where your file is, and this field can't be 'trackable'; when the window do select the file is opened, the hole page keeps "loading" and this is making this impossible to perform the automatization.

Is there any work around? Maybe another way to input the attachment or maybe to make the window "trackable".

Looking forward for any help.