Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KR document should be allowed only for the vendor invoice

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My client requirement is,  Vendor Invoice should only be booked through document Type: KR. The Systems are configured in a such way that KR Documents can be used other than the vendor invoice also. So, they want to have a check on this.

I gone through the lot of links related to this. But no luck,

Request you to please kindly help on this.

BR

Rohit....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

You can achieve this through Events (FIBF) as well as Validation. But I would suggest doing the validation approach using GGB4/OB28 and then if you need some more validation you can invoke FIBF as well.

N

rane_prashant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

Check document type settings

SPRO>Financial Accounting>Financial Accounting Global Settings>Document>Document Header>Define Document Type

Check check box setting in "Account type allowed"

Before adopting above settings you should first understand business scenarios and what kind of incoming invoice posting is expected? Example if you have Asset purchase posting then you will also need "Asset". Mostly KR document should allow account type "Assets", "Vendor" and "G/L Account"

Also check if you have any other document types (excluding payments documents) which also allows vendor posting.

B/R

Prashant Rane

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Thanks for your Quick response.

Currently document type KR check box setting in "Account type allowed" is checked for vendor, Gl account, Materials,Assets except the Customers.

If I  do the changes in the settings in Document types will it suffice.

0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

In standard system, there is no check which will restrict posting of documents other than Vendor invoice for document type "KR" i.e. even with the settings as mentioned by you, the system will allow posting of documents which are not in the nature of vendor invoice like vendor transfer and even a document consisting of GL accounts in both the line items.

If your client specifically need such a restriction, you will have to go for validation at the time of Posting of document with ABAP codes.

Thanks & regards

Nitesh

rane_prashant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Try FI validation like in combination of posting keys and account type "K". You will need to set this validation on document completion level.

If Posting key = 32

then check document type is = KR

else

End if

B/R

Prashant Rane