cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which certification best suits my profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have done B Tech in Computer Science and MBA in IT and Operations. Currently I am working in Bangalore with a medium scale enterprise. I want to pursue SAP certification and work in the same field. But I am in dilemma that which course to choose. I can share my resume with the concerned person. Please help me out.

Thanks

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to the world of SAP

The ABAP (programming) certification is the one you want. But a certificate is expensive and absolutely no guarantee of a job. Don't let anyone tell you itherwise.

Better to do some training, get a job, gain some knowledge, then do the certification.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Nice to hear from you. I am already working though not in SAP domain and it's almost impossible to land on a SAP consultant job without a SAP certification.

Thanks

Vikas

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I meant to say was:

Better to do some SAP training, get a SAP-related job, gain some knowledge, then do the SAP certification.

Can't get a SAP job? The next best thing is to get a job - any job - in an organization that uses SAP. Then show them that you're interested, show them that you already have some SAP training. Volunteer to take on SAP duties.

>it's almost impossible to land on a SAP consultant job without a SAP certification.

This is a common (and expensive) misconception. I don't know anyone who landed a SAP job with just certification and no experience. Do you?

cheers & good luck

Paul