cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive outputs of MM Material Documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I setted up the output determination for material documents. Everything works fine. The print out is printed on our warehouse printer.

But what steps do I need to fullfill in customizing or development to ensure that the outputs/spools are archived in a dedicated content rep.???

Can someone explain the steps I have to go through or check??

Thanks

deniz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not common but possible.

You need to activate the storage in IMG > MM > IM > Activate storage for incoming documents

further you need to define print and storage or just storage in the message conditions

Thats all from MM point of view, customizing of a content repository is not a MM task, usually Basis activity, you may want to check Frederick Girod's documents:

Click this link, then go to his content tab, and there filter on documents

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deniz,

It is not common to archive the outputs of MM documents.

I will assume that your printed output uses the typical method of sending the output to a spoolfile, where it is then output to a printer attached to your SAP system.   If you wish to do actually archive these images,  you will have to speak to your Basis team to find a way to save and archive selected spoolfile entries.

It is much more common to archive the MM documents themselves.  Even after you have output an image of an MM document to the warehouse, the document itself usually remains in SAP tables, available for online review (and optionally for re-output).  In general, they remain there indefinitely until you take special action to remove them. 

Most companies establish archive policies about such matters.  Never make any archiving decisions on your own!   Instead, you should at a minimum consult with your local Finance and Controlling business representatives.   Setting archive policies is often done through establishing interdisciplinary teams.  These teams at a minimum need to have members that are cognizant of any legal requirements that may exist in the locality.

Best Regards,

DB49