cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching query source of a report - same universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to duplicate a report and change the query source all in the same universe.  How do I do this? 

Report 1 reads from results of Query 1.  I duplicated Report 1 to create Report 2 and duplicated Query 1 to create Query 2.  I modified the filters of Query 2.  I now want to have Report 2 read from Query 2.  In my online research, I cannot figure this out.  It seems very simple.  Both reports should have the same look and feel just return different results. 

Thank you.  Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering my question.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

You can change the source query. go to Data access->Tools->change source.

PFB link.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply on a Saturday. 

The link takes me to a tutorial on how to change the data source for queries. 

I am trying to change the query that a report uses from query to another.  When I duplicate Report 1 to create Report 2, the source query for Report 2 is still Query 1.  I want to change the source query for Report 2 from Query 1 to Query 2. 

I did systematically change each object reference one by one in Report 2 from query 1 objects to query 2 objects.  This seems like too much work.  I think there should be an easier way. 

Thank you.  Jason

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

As you duplicated the report tabs only and you want to point this report tab to Query 2.

Once you duplicate the report tab all objects will still point to Query 1. To use Query 2 , you just simply need to change the object name from [Query1].[Object Name] to [Query 2].[Object Name]. This way all the object will fetch the results from Query 2.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

OK. In that case you will have to follow what you are doing since its just change in query, not source. Since no other change in report structure or objects, you will have to just edit the object name in Report 2. Else you will have to duplicate universe and change source which seems an unnecessary step.

Regards,

NIkhil Joy