Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cazwiz.ddf not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a setup package with NWMADMIN AND NWMCLIENT on patch level 0.0

Everything worked fine..

I have upgraded the ADmin and client to patch 0.2 now. Everytime i create setup package it gives me error "Error: Required file "C:Program FilesWindows CE Toolswce420POCKET PC 2003cabwiz.ddf" not found"

I have downloaded the SDk from

Download Center

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads ® Windows Mobile

I have also maintained the configuration settings properly . My Cabwiz files are located in folder:

C:Program FilesWindows CE Toolswce420POCKET PC 2003 ools/

What could be the reason of error When everything is maintained properly..

Thanks and Regards

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please copy the files

cabwiz.exe

cabwiz.ddf

from C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003

to <AnyDrive>/Cabwiz folder. Now in visual administrator give the property entry

CABWIZ_INSTALLATION=<AnyDrive>/Cabwiz. Do not end the property with "/".

It should work fine.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashantha,

I am right now using two servers . One with NWMADMIN as 0.0 and here i could create the setup pacakage and Everything is working perfectly.

Second one is with NWMADMIN as 0.2 and here i am getting an error as cabwiz.ddf not found.

When i remove / from the directory it gives me warning message "0070 CAB CREATION LOG 162427 20070402 Warning: Section [DefaultInstall] key "AddReg" - there are no section entries to process " .And when i try installing the setup package it gives me error message "the setup cab is not valid Windows CE setup"

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasantha,

When we create setup package some report/BADI should be called in the Backend . Can u please tell me what report is it. I just want to debug the report and check the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I suspect following.

You have not created new DCs for new version of NWMCLIENT and you are using the old DC itself. Please check this, If you have done it correctly, then I would suspect, there is some problem with NWMCLIENT new version.

Just check by deploying the old NWMCLIENT (which was working fine).

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I have created a new Dc with new version 0.5 of NWMCLIENT.When i create a setup package with old version of NWMCLIENT it always shows me that it is in IN progress stage (Yellow ).

I feel that The warning message i am getting is due to some issue in INF files . I didnot do the Preconfiguring on Windows Mobile Platforms mentioned in link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/1eb142a174c811e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm.

Now the point is my quality server is working fine . And it has NWMCLIENT version 0.0 and NWMADMIN 0.0. In my quality server i have not done Preconfiguring on Windows Mobile Platforms and i am not getting any warning message.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Even I noticed this problem. It is basically because of the dependency, NWMADMIN 18 PL01 needs NWMCLIENT 18 PL02 and above. I should have asked you to upgrade to latest Patch level in NWMCLIENT and not the older one.

I will check this again for the solution.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasantha,

Just to keep u update i even tried this with NWMCLIENT version 0.6 latest version.At present my NMWADMIN is PL02 and NWMCLIENT is PL05.

One more thing the setup package which i created in the morning with NWMCLIENT PL00 has given an error message now

"Retrieving device id failed".

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Message was edited by:

neha kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Can you tell me if you can find the file cabwiz.dff in the path mentioned in the error?

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

My ddf file is located in

C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\tools\

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor