cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to BPM and trying out a scenario. I have a few questions regarding the way that BPM works.

I understand that BPM can only work with abstract message types. So lets say that I wanted to take an IDoc and run it through a BPM to split it into different messages and then process them in a certain order. Does that mean that I first have to make individual maps for each message type (abstract) that I want to work with in BPM?

To put this in another way, it seems to be the case that XI can't simply bring an outbound message into XI and stick it straight into the BPM process. It seems as though first the outbound message must be mapped and transformed into abstract messages before it can enter the BPM. In this case, how does the transformation step in BPM play in?

Could someone clear this process up for me? I looked at a few weblogs and documents but I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the process from a high level.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Yes to work with BPM u have to have an abstract message type.Also IDOC can only be send outside and configured as receiver but not as Sender.

In BPM yr sender system and receiver system are joined through BPM and hence the dorect relation between them changes .As the message comes from sender and then goes to BPM .Here BPM acts as a receiver hence you have to define abstract message type to receive .Similarly for outgoin the sender system is actually BPM and hence and outgoin abstract message type

Internally u have to create addittional message type in BPM

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan

The abstract interfaces are used when Message Interface doesn't have a defined direction (it is possible to be used in both directions, outbound/inbound).

You must create a Message Mapping for each type of message:

1- IDOC - MT1

2- IDOC - MT2.....

and you must create a Interface Mapping "MultiMapping". Into BPM, a transformation step associated to this Interface Mapping "MultiMapping".

These blogs can help you:

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan

the are BPM samples delivered by SAP and they are available in your integration repository!

Goto: SWC: SAP BASIS!

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

You can achieve using this BPM.For this example go to IR>Basis component>integretionprocess--->select the fourth example you can able to see the splitting of the message.

For explantaion of the above integraiton process follow the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/41/e3d13f7fb44c21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope the above information will address your question.

Pleas let me know if you have any queries..!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your question is to split the idoc into multiple and then map each separately.

BPM works with abstract interfaces. So you must need two abstract interfaces one works as receiver in BPM and othe r works as Sender.

The first step in BPM is receive step which will read the the IDOC. You can use BPM split patterns to split the IDOC.

After you need to perform transformation process for each of your part. and then you may have multiple sender step.

BPM containers only understand abstract interfaces so you need abstract interfaces.

I hope I have able tyo clear your doubts.

Regards,

Shri.

• Reward points if u r satisfied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, thanks for the quick responses.

So the BPM would then control everything, is that correct? The outbound message (IDoc) would come into XI as an abstract message interface and then be received directly by the Integration Process (BPM). BPM would then trigger the transformation stepsm consequently performing mapping and splitting the IDoc into several different abstract message interfaces. The BPM send step would then fire those messages off to the outbound communication channel?

So if I am understanding this correctly, the process flow is as follows:

1. IDoc comes into XI

2. XI stores IDoc in abstract message interface

3. message interface is received by BPM

4. BPM runs transformation step which calls map

5. BPM calls send step which passes new message interfaces to inbound comm channel?

Is that somewhat correct?