cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change a structure description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have got a query in production and i am supposed to change it in Dev same as in production. I have a global structue in query designer in Dev in the columns and i am supposed to change its description. The structure is being used in another query as well. Will it be enough if i just right click on the structure and say remove reference and change the description of the structure?

Regards,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your are changing the query or structure descriptions not a problem but use the remove reference option then do changes according to client requirements.

change in dev then move to same query to prd system.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you have suggested,  I needed to modify few existing reports as well, but I saw remove reference is not activated. I have already performed the modifications .
Would you throw a light on that, when can I use this option.

Thanks and Regards!

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using options remove reference -  it is possible to change the descriptions at global level.

same changes do in global structure it will effect all queries where ever using the queries.

Save as -> if use the save as function it will save the global level then not possible to change the description and by automatically save in global level.

Thanks,

Phani.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214415
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it will be enough if you do remove reference then all changes would be local.

Regards,

Swapna Jain

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you change any thing related to global structures, it will effect to other querys(where same structure been used) also.

Thanks