cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to create last level wbs element ,i am trying to create LSMW but i wont find any such way out for the same ,

or any standard LSMW method for WBS Element creation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

You can run BAPI_BUS2054_CHANGE_MULTI for each level seperately to solve
the problem. E.g:
BAPI_PS_INITIALIZATION
BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI to create level 1 WBS-element(s)
BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI to create level 2 WBS-element(s)
BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI to create level 3 WBS-element(s)
BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT
BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Same for BAPI_BUS2054_CHANGE_MULTI.

I hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response but with CJ02 and wirh CJ12 I can only create WBS element at level 1.

My Requirement is that i have created to structure with level 3 manually now at level for i have around 1500 WBS element which i cant create manually ,can you please provide me the way to upload the WBS Element at level  4.

Thanks and Regards

ST

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

Now its more clear about your requirement.

My suggestion to you will be to create LSMW for new WBS element elements based on TC CJ02. There are many forums where you can find how to create LSMW for transaction code recording.

Since there will be many validation rules for WBS element fields, you can record them in LSMW and in input file. As far as I know, there are no standard program for mass upload of WBS elements.
Hence the option left is to create record new LSMW.

Or with the help of your developer, you can use create new Z program with standard BADI's for creating WBS element. We have created such program for one of my customer.

Lets get opinion from other experts also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,

NKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the threads/links as mentioned below

Master Data Upload for Project Systems - Toolbox for IT Groups

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-ps/lsmw-and-wbs-1533563

Mass Change of Status of WBS Element - Toolbox for IT Groups

Meanwhile, discuss with your Abaper, there is a badi available called BUS2054 which is useful in creating WBS elements in a bulk.

Else, you may go for LSMW or CJ02(By copying and pasting the data from excel directly).

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

It depends how do you call the last level WBS element. If you have hierarchy like this:

WBS level1

WBS level2

WBS level212 <- Last WBS element

Now if I understand correctly, you want to create WBS element "WBS level212" with out creating "WBS level21".

This is possible only in situation where you don't use coding mask in your project. you can try creating this WBS directly in CJ02 or CJ12 to the projects & WBS element where the coding mask is not assigned (as test case), and then try creating new LSMW for such WBS elements.

Kindly NOTE, the coding mask should not be assigned to the top level WBS element.

Hope this help.

Thanks and regards,

NKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to understand what do you mean by creating last level WBS.? I hope you have created superior level of WBS till now, follow the same process to create the last level WBS too. There are many ways for creating WBS. You can do that with CJ20N itself or by the way as Sammar as suggested you.

But still, Your query is not at all clear. Please explain the exact requirement.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can record T- Codes CJ02 or CJ12 for creation of new WBSes within a project, But I don't think you have anything which will create only Last level of WBS? How are you determining which WBS is the last in the hierarchy?

Please explain your business case a bit more.

Cheers

Sammar