cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Cloud and On-Premise System

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have SAP on Cloud and another in-house system On-Premise, how do we communicate these two systems? Let's says both are using SQL database, are we able to retrieve SAP data directly from On-Premise system via SQL command without PI or middleware?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use:

1) webservices

2) SAP HANA CLoud Integration

3) PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alessandro!

Just curious if there is any simple way like Linked Servers so we can do direct connect to Select data from SAP system?

Is it doable?

if it's doable, is there any risk that SAP database would be corrupted?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, if you just need to retrieve some data from the on premise system, you can generate a webservice on this side, and you can call the ws from the cloud for customer side.

There are no risks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try HANA Cloud Connector 🙂

But it only works with SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

SAP HANA Cloud Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everbody,

This topic is of interest for me, too. I try to implement a connection vice versa.

I need to get data out of the cloud to analyse them and I found some Webservice (Query Journal Entries, Query Supplier Invoices, ...) which would perfom very well.

But I have not yet understood how to activate them. As far as I can tell, they are not part of any "Communication Arrangement" provided by SAP byDesign, am I wrong? Where do I get a username and a password that are authorized to use these services?

Thanks in advance!

Janna

Former Member
0 Kudos

For standard webservices you have to activate the integration option in the business configuration. Then I don't know if you need to manually create a communication arrangement (that provides the authorization options) or if it is automatic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janna,

You need 2 things to set up and use a Web Service. You're now able to perform all the steps through the front-end user interface.

The first is a Communication Scenario - this is used to group the Web Services made accessible. For example, you could set up a Communication Scenario called "Journal Entry Retrieval" and specify that it uses the "QueryJournalEntryIn".

You then create a Communication Arrangement that uses this Communication Scenario (this is specified in the first step when setting up a Communication Arrangement). You'll see in the subsequent steps you can then set a Username/Password or use certificate-based authentication.

Once the Communication Arrangement is set up and activated, you'll be able to connect to the Web Service Endpoint (you can see these in the Communication Arrangement technical details) using the credentials that you specified.