cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect two Business Object (BUS2038 and BUS0010) in Workflow!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I have a Workflow based in BUS2038 (Maintenance Notification), I can see attributes like Functional Location (code).

My problem is, i can´t put Functional Location (Description) that is an attribute in BUS0010 (Functional Location) with an input Functional Location (code).

BUS2038

Input: Notification number

Output: Functional Location (code) (attribute)

BUS0010

Input: Functional Location (code)

Output: Functional Location (description) (attribute)

I want put Functional Location (description) in a mail step.

How I can achieve this?

Thank in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create a subtype of BUS2038 which has an attribute that is the relevant BUS0010 object (I assume there is some way of linking them). You then delegate this subtype to BUS2038. This way ALL of the attributes of BUS0010 become available.

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link is Functional Location code.

If you enter to Bus2038 Instance is Notificatiob Number and you can get attribute Functional Location code.

If you put this functional location code in Instance (bus0010) you can get Functional Location Description. But you say this link is a subtype in Bus2038 and when do you put the link?

Thank you!

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create a new attribute in BUS2038. (by delegating to BUS2038). Make it of type BUS0010.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rick Bakker, I implemented this BUS0010 in BUS2038 (and delegate) but when I was testing, the link between two business objects is <nothing>. Do you need any program for connect both Business Objects?

Thank in advance!

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it has to know which object instance to use!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Object Instance of BUS0010 is Attribute Location in BUS2038, but I don´t know how to do it for connect them.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Almost there .. your FLOC object attribute needs to be instantiated.

In SWO1, click on the new attribute 'FLOC' and click on the 'Program' button. Then enter the code to 'get' the functional location number from the notification, and instantiate the func loc  as a BUS0010 object.

Instantiation can be done via the macro swc_create_object.

cheers

Paul