Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP connection (SAP JCO)

former_member251899
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Specs: SAP BO 4.0 sp6

Information Design Tool version 14.0.6 (installed on client machine)

BO Application server: Microsoft Windows Server 2008

I'm receiving the following error message when trying to create a connection from BO (Information Design Tool) to ECC. I have selected the SAP Java Connector type of connection. The connection works as I have tested it. However in the data-foundation layer of the Information Design tool when I want to see the list of tables, it errors out. Please advice as to what does the error message indicate. thanks

Regards,

samique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP ERP data access via Universe –InfoSets –SAP queries –ABAP functions.

After creating the connection to the query, navigate to the “Show values” taband expand your Global tree and you will see your query available.

In data foundation will be based on this query and theconnection created in the IDT to access it. This represents the actual infoset/sap querystructures as from ECC..if you are not able to access.

Can you please check the servers are running or not....if possible can re-start and check able to access the data.

former_member251899
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dasari,

which connections should I check specifically?

Regards,

samique

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

From the Error message it looks like there is an issue actually connecting to the CMS. This may be from Firewalls, or a missing services in the Adaptive Processing Server.  Restarting sia may help. or check your firewalls. Or possibly the machine name is unresolved.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1591974Hi,

Jacqueline